Hi, I bought a blackberry 8900 curve pay as you go on Orange in the UK. I have moved to greece and changed carriers to Cosmote Greece Pay as you go. I m trying to setup my personal email on it but I only get the option 'I want to use a work email account with a blackberry Enterprise Server'. Also when I try and intergrate hotmail it says Desktop Browser not supported. Is this a problem of the carrier as it is branded for Orange Uk and I need to changer it to Cosmote?

Thanks
    03-01-10 06:54 AM
    If the phone is not unlocked you can't use it on another carrier. If it is unlocked and you're not getting personal email setup options then you don't have access to BB data. You'll have to contact the new provider about BB data access.
    03-01-10 07:40 AM
    Most likely you need to get it unlocked.
    03-01-10 07:43 AM
    you need to get the phone unlocked.
    03-01-10 07:47 AM
    Hi, the phone is unlocked
    03-01-10 08:36 AM
    Hi, the phone is unlocked
    Then as I said, you currently don't have access to BB data on your new carrier. You need to contact your new provider to make sure that the do provide BB data services on the PAYG plan, as well as possibly needing to have your PIN released by the original provider (not exactly sure how BB data works with a PAYG plan).
    03-01-10 09:06 AM
    What do you mean have the PIN released by the original provider? also if I connect to my wireless network at home can I not set my email up just to use it there.Why would I need my provider to provide BB data? I downloaded BBSAK 1.7 and wiped my device. I managed to reload the OS through the Device manager but it again loaded the OS from Orange UK and I got the Blackberry from Orange Uk message.How is this possible? and also how can I install the Cosmote OS v 5.0 that I downloaded once I ve wiped the device. Its an .exe file and the only way I found to restore the device is if I connect to the net but then it automaticali loads os 4.6 from orange Uk.

thanks
    03-01-10 09:25 AM
    You absolutely need a Blackberry Data Plan in order to be able to use email services with a Blackberry.
    03-01-10 09:36 AM
    How do I get the PIN released from my original provider?
    03-01-10 12:51 PM
    How do I get the PIN released from my original provider?
    You can call them and ask them to release it manually in their systems. Doesn't always work.
    03-01-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD