Firstly sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, I have genuinely looked but couldn't find anything - there are so many threads and would take me hours to look through them all to find the answer to my question!!

I have upgraded on my Storm to the .141 software which obviously has made some changes to my BlackBerry. The one thing I HATE is that now whenever I press any of the 4 buttons along the button whilst the phone is locked, it unlocks the phone.

This is really annoying, it keeps unlocking in my pocket. I want to change it so I only press the 'unlock' button on the top left of the phone in order to lock and unlock the phone.

I still want to keep the other functions of the update though.

Please help!

05-26-09 07:10 PM
    The lock issue was a known problem on .141. If you search the OS section, I know there were some fixes figured out that you can use. But a better suggestion would be to download and install .148. The issue was fixed in this OS as well as many other improvements. It seems to be the most stable OS so far.

05-26-09 08:02 PM
    I agree with Grey. .148 will solve your issue
    05-26-09 08:05 PM
    If you really like .141 you could search around and find the method for fixing this. Personally, I think I used crackutil and switched the .141 ribbon code or w/e for the .132 one. I wouldn't be the one to ask about that because I don't remember very well how it was done. But if search around for .141 lock fix or something like that I'm sure you could find out how to fix it. Or as grey suggested just move up to .148 since they fixed it in .148.
    05-26-09 08:05 PM