Hello there, long time fan, few times posted...

I am a Bell Mobility customer, on an awesome 3 year plan... however my phone broke a few months ago. I cam into possession of a Telus Mobility storm, same model, 9530, which i unlocked, and today i placed it under my account on Bell. It has been programmed and I am able to send and receive texts and phone calls. My signal states that I am connected to 1xev... not data or it would be 1XEV. When i go into my connections, it states i am connected to Telus Mobile Network... Heres my questions.

1. Am I still connected to telus, and need to prepare for a huge bill of Roaming fees.
    2. If so, how do I disconnect from telus and switch to Bell.
    and 3. How do I get my data Back?

Please if you have any info guys... I know Ive come to the right place because Ive seen CB memebers help each other through alot on here. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
    04-22-11 05:25 PM
    You need to change the network on your Blackberry device settings.

Where it says "mobile network" go to "My Preferred Networks" and select from Available - it will list the networks you can select... then select the one you would like to use.
    04-25-11 09:05 PM
    yup, try to change the network from the selection menu
    04-27-11 08:09 AM
    First make sure the bell your using is a gsm network. After your phone is unlocked make sure it's set to gsm and not cdma. go to options, mobile network, technology, and switch it from global to gsm/umts and 2g and 3g
    04-27-11 07:11 PM
    Yeah, that should solve the problem. It took me a little bit to figure that out when I first unlocked.
    04-27-11 07:15 PM
    Awesome! Glad we/they could help! anything else let us know
    04-27-11 07:55 PM
    Hello there, long time fan, few times posted...

I am a Bell Mobility customer, on an awesome 3 year plan... however my phone broke a few months ago. I cam into possession of a Telus Mobility storm, same model, 9530, which i unlocked, and today i placed it under my account on Bell. It has been programmed and I am able to send and receive texts and phone calls. My signal states that I am connected to 1xev... not data or it would be 1XEV. When i go into my connections, it states i am connected to Telus Mobile Network... Heres my questions.

1. Am I still connected to telus, and need to prepare for a huge bill of Roaming fees.
    2. If so, how do I disconnect from telus and switch to Bell.
    and 3. How do I get my data Back?

Please if you have any info guys... I know Ive come to the right place because Ive seen CB memebers help each other through alot on here. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
    When you make a call, does your Bell number show on the other phone? How did you put this 9530 on your Bell account? did Bell allow you to register the ESN on their Network? because they usually don't.
    04-27-11 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD