Hi all

Just got a code from an place that does unlock codes for the Blackberry Bold.

Anyways seems like im having a few probs trying to enter the code. Now according to their website instructions...you need to take out the sim card, make sure all radios are off. So far so good...ive done all that. Then they say go into options then from there into advanced options...scroll to sim card and press enter. So ive done all that...they then go onto to say to hold the ALT key and press MEPD...but doing that does absolutely nothing...if i just type in MEPD then i get the info ie everything is disabled except for the netwowkr which is saying active. Anyhow i cant see anywhere to enter the code..it does say on their website that once you have entered the MEPD then it will say enter network mepd code. But i dont get that option.

So im kinda stuck as i just paid 20 for the code and it doesnt seem to work...i know my Bold is locked as its a Tmobile UK one and there phones are always locked.

So anyone with any ideas as to how i unlock this Bold with the codes i have got...well i have 2 codes..one is 8 numbers long and the other is 16 digits long.
    05-03-09 10:51 AM
    Hi,

Dont take the sim card out and dont hold down the ALT key.

Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEPD
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]
    It will ask you for the unlock code.
    05-03-09 10:59 AM
    Hi,

Dont take the sim card out and dont hold down the ALT key.

Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEPD
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]
    It will ask you for the unlock code.
    Ok tried that way and still no go...put the first code in and it says code error please wait...so i tried it again with the second code and same message...now i only have 7 tries left to get this Bold unlocked.

Anymore ideas??
    05-03-09 11:11 AM
    Hi all

Just got a code from an place that does unlock codes for the Blackberry Bold.

Anyways seems like im having a few probs trying to enter the code. Now according to their website instructions...you need to take out the sim card, make sure all radios are off. So far so good...ive done all that. Then they say go into options then from there into advanced options...scroll to sim card and press enter. So ive done all that...they then go onto to say to hold the ALT key and press MEPD...but doing that does absolutely nothing...if i just type in MEPD then i get the info ie everything is disabled except for the netwowkr which is saying active. Anyhow i cant see anywhere to enter the code..it does say on their website that once you have entered the MEPD then it will say enter network mepd code. But i dont get that option.

So im kinda stuck as i just paid 20 for the code and it doesnt seem to work...i know my Bold is locked as its a Tmobile UK one and there phones are always locked.

So anyone with any ideas as to how i unlock this Bold with the codes i have got...well i have 2 codes..one is 8 numbers long and the other is 16 digits long.
    your bold was brand new from carrier? code should be the 16 digits, that is the procedure to unlock.
    05-03-09 11:19 AM
    Hmmm - sounds like you may have the wrong code then. Am suprised that they sent you two codes. which website did you use?
    05-03-09 11:22 AM
    your bold was brand new from carrier? code should be the 16 digits, that is the procedure to unlock.
    Yes brand new from carrier. I tried the 16 digit one and still no go.
    05-03-09 11:23 AM
    Hmmm - sounds like you may have the wrong code then. Am suprised that they sent you two codes. which website did you use?
    It looks like it perhaps...i used Phone Unlock & Mobile Unlocking Codes - ThePhoneUnlockers.com to get the unlock code.

Ive emailed them so ill give it one more go and then wait for them to get back to me. If they cant help then ill just get them to refund my money and ill jsut take it into a mobile phone shop and get them to do it...they charge about the same price as these guys do. Ill let them deal with the hassle lol.

Thanks anyways guys...maybe i put the wrong code ie got the digits mixed up...so ill try one more time.

Ok tried again using the 16 digit code and still says code error..please wait... Think ill just wait till someone from that place gets back to me.
    05-03-09 11:26 AM
    make sure you don't put in codes more than 10 times. did you type in MEPD>MEP2?
    05-03-09 11:27 AM
    make sure you don't put in codes more than 10 times. did you type in MEPD>MEP2?
    Yup that is what i typed...lol no wont put it mroe than 10 times as that would hardlock the phone from what i know.
    05-03-09 11:31 AM
    By the way if i did put the code in 10 times without any success...what happens??...i take it the phone becomes hard locked so then how would i be able to unlock it??.

Not saying i have...i have 5 attempts left at trying to unlock it.
    05-03-09 11:35 AM
    Not sure what this company are like but I used another similiar one in the UK that sent me a primary code and a standby code. I kept entering it correctly but kept getting the error message until I only had three goes left.
    Emailed the company who eventually gave me a refund but with no explanation as to why it did not work. Perhaps yours went to the same school as mine!!
    And it would then need to be returned to your provider for unlocking. Don't enter any more codes until they have contacted you.
    Last edited by dougproctor; 05-03-09 at 11:37 AM. Reason: more info
    05-03-09 11:35 AM
    Not sure what this company are like but I used another similiar one in the UK that sent me a primary code and a standby code. I kept entering it correctly but kept getting the error message until I only had three goes left.
    Emailed the company who eventually gave me a refund but with no explanation as to why it did not work. Perhaps yours went to the same school as mine!!
    And it would then need to be returned to your provider for unlocking. Don't enter any more codes until they have contacted you.
    Ahh ok mate thanks for that.

No going to leave it now...ill just wait for them to get back to me as ive emailed them...but as its a bank holiday here in the UK...probably wont hear from them till Tues.

Hopefully see what they have to say...could be a dodgy code or something. If worse comes to worse ill just take it to the local mobile shop near wherei live...i know the guy who runs it so will give him the phone to unlock.
    05-03-09 11:40 AM
    I used UniquePhones and they sent me 3 codes. I first one worked though
    05-03-09 11:41 AM
    I used UniquePhones and they sent me 3 codes. I first one worked though

Same for me.
    05-03-09 01:08 PM
    Did your code ever say accepted? It my have worked alreadyn and if it did, it will give you the error if its already unlocked. Go to options, advanced, sim,and type mepd. If its unlocked, everything will say disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 04:06 PM
    Did your code ever say accepted? It my have worked alreadyn and if it did, it will give you the error if its already unlocked. Go to options, advanced, sim,and type mepd. If its unlocked, everything will say disabled.

Yeh I've checked and evrything is disabled except for the network which says its active so no it didn't work.

05-03-09 04:21 PM
    Give them a call, they have a number on the site. Mine worked first time, I'm sure there is something they can do.
    05-03-09 05:02 PM
    They should definately make it right for you.

05-03-09 05:22 PM
    By the way if i did put the code in 10 times without any success...what happens??...i take it the phone becomes hard locked so then how would i be able to unlock it??.

Not saying i have...i have 5 attempts left at trying to unlock it.
    Yeah what would happen? Would the bold essentially become useless?

05-03-09 05:35 PM
    Well these guys are a funny bunch...i sent them a pretty long email about the problems i was having with the codes they supplied ie outlining how i was doing it etc etc.

So this morning at 9am i get an email from them saying that they need video evidence to support my claim for a refund. Made me laugh but i can see where they are coming from...so tonight i have to borrow a video camera in order to take a video to send to them lol. I already tried taking a video with my other Bold that i have and the quality sucked...could hardly make out the IMEI number and then when i was videoing the process of putting the code into the phone...so now im down to 3 more tries.

So am going to try one more time then demand a refund if they dont then ill be getting in touch with my CC people to get them to reverse the charge...ive done it in the past and havent a problem doing it again.
    05-04-09 06:57 AM
    Buy a code off ebay for $3, they work just as good! That's what I unlocked my bold with, and worked great! Had code within minutes.

05-04-09 07:29 AM
    Buy a code off ebay for $3, they work just as good! That's what I unlocked my bold with, and worked great! Had code within minutes.

$3?! seriously? That's so cheap. Who was the seller? I got mine for like $20. I would like to know who this was :/
    05-04-09 04:46 PM
    If you need a new code try these people out Unlock My BlackBerry - Any BlackBerry $17, Storms $25 how many times have you tried to enter the code? How many attempts do you have left?
    Well i spoke to them today and they said that they will refund my money back to me so am happy with that.

I had to send them a video of me putting the code in so im now down to one more try lol.

So i think im just going to take the phone into a mobile phone shop and get them to do the unlock for me...its going to cost me the same amount that i paid for these codes...so thats not a problem.

I just hope they dont hard lock my phone...but if they do then is it still possible to unlock the phone via other methods??.
    05-06-09 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD