So I just put my blackberry bold 9700 through the washing machine, I have called the insurance carrier with ATT and they won't replace that phone with another 9700, and they also don't sell it in the store anymore. So do I sit around and use my horribly slow and annoying (compared to the 9700) Bold 9000? or do I go out and get another bold from a different carrier and have it unlocked (not looking to buy through 2ndary sources)? And if the latter what website do I trust to actually do it and not scam me? Do unlocked phones work just as well? Any hang-ups on doing this option?
    And if I were to go get the 9780 now when could I expect to have it unlocked and working by?

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place or something, I've never used a forum before :/
    Thanks ahead of time!
    Courtney
    05-01-11 05:25 PM
    no my friend, unlocked phones work exactly the same when they are locked. no difference at all.
    Once you have placed your order with us or anyother unlocker here, you will receive your unlock code in minutes if not seconds and you'll be good to go just then.
    05-03-11 06:47 AM
    So I just put my blackberry bold 9700 through the washing machine, I have called the insurance carrier with ATT and they won't replace that phone with another 9700, and they also don't sell it in the store anymore. So do I sit around and use my horribly slow and annoying (compared to the 9700) Bold 9000? or do I go out and get another bold from a different carrier and have it unlocked (not looking to buy through 2ndary sources)? And if the latter what website do I trust to actually do it and not scam me? Do unlocked phones work just as well? Any hang-ups on doing this option?
    And if I were to go get the 9780 now when could I expect to have it unlocked and working by?

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place or something, I've never used a forum before :/
    Thanks ahead of time!
    Courtney
    Unlocking your device will not affect any hangups or any other issues... There are many services here that have instant delivery ...
    05-03-11 05:02 PM
    Unlocking your device will not affect any hangups or any other issues... There are many services here that have instant delivery ...
    That is correct, there are many Blackberry unlocking services you out there, many of the services you see here are reliable, legit and will get your blackberry unlocked in minutes.

We, for example offer a full money back guarantee with our unlocking services for blackberry cell phones.

Also the unlocking is the same as unlocking it from your carrier - you will get it unlocked and you can get a data plan or anything else from your carrier that is used with your unlocked blackberry.
    if you already have the unlock code then here is Unlocking instructions for blackberry Bold 9780

I believe that unlocking your device is what makes the blackberry truly yours.
    05-04-11 11:19 PM

Thanks ahead of time!
    Courtney
    There are some good online sites that sell cell phones. puremobile and cellhut being a few. if you need help unlocking let us know
    05-05-11 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD