Hi I was wondering if anybody could show me how to change the keys to unlock the keyboard , cause before I used the * key plus the phone key, but now,(i dont know why!) I have to use the mute key and its very uncomfortable because of the cover. I'll appreciate a lot your help. THANKS!
    09-10-10 11:16 AM
    As has been sad too many times to mention, key lock as we all knew and loved it is gone with every 5.0 release after the leaked .411.

The only way is to go back to 4.6. I dont recommend doing that as there are too many internal improvements that benefit your device with 5.0.
    09-10-10 12:07 PM
    I was thinking that maybe it was the update..well anyways thanks a lot!! =)
    09-10-10 02:59 PM
    No problem and welcome to the forums.
    09-10-10 03:08 PM
    Actually, there is a way. If you enable a password, it will revert to the old style UNLOCK - EMERGENCY - CANCEL When you lock the screen with the icon, the K or A key. If you hold the Mute, you'll get the Standby mode. Of course, you have to enter the pword instead of the *+SEND...
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 09-10-10 at 03:56 PM.
    09-10-10 03:52 PM
    I am on bes/bis with an auto password after an hour of inactivity. After upgrading, my lock icon left and the buttons work as described above. I can change the left convienience key to lock my phone, but there is no option for me to do it anywhere else on the phone. My friends 8520 was updated yesterday and it had the same effect on his, EXCEPT, he doesnt even have the option to change a key to lock the phone. when in the menu "lock" is not even an option for one of the convienience keys
    09-10-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD