Hi I thought I followed the instructions. I upgraded my OS system with no problem but I am stick on this. I opened the Alx file in word and saved it as text and when I go back to it all the icons are now MS word.It says alx file under it but all the icons are word. Did I mess up badly? How do I fix it? I figure I did something wrong because I do not receive a prompt when I open desktop manager. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 02:27 AM
    It sounds like you just set the program that automatically opens .alx files on your computer to Word. The files themselves are the same (unless you've opened and modified them) so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

If you want to change what automatically openes them hold shift and right-click, then click open with, then 'choose program'. From there you can find a new program and check 'always use this program' if you want.

Hope this helps! If not it was at least typing practice on my new Curve :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 10:40 AM
    Thank-you. I did select which program to open it with it so I will stop freaking out. I followed the instructions for unlocking themes and it says when you open up desktop mgr that it should prompt you but it did not. I save the original so I can put it back...as long as I know I didn't mess up anything too too bad.

Good Luck with your new curve - I almost got one, but I am happy with the Pearl.
    08-06-08 09:48 PM