I've tried searching but only finding bits and pieces of what may be a solution. So instead of flying with parts of an answer to my specific issue, I wanted to get a straight and total answer.

I have a Bold 9700 and my friend has a Tour 9630. Mine was purchased with a plan thru AT&T in the States. Hers was purchased thru Alltel in the States (with plan). Both of us were shipped to Germany. I have a T-Mobile account here for my iPhone. I was able to get both of our Blackberries unlocked (oddly, her Alltel BB came from them unlocked).

Now, I took my SIM card out of my iPhone and tried it on both Blackberries. We can make and receive calls, surf the internet, and I assume can send and receive text messages, although haven't tried.

Here is the issue: Neither phones can connect to the Blackberry servers for email push and BBM. We are going to T-mobile today to get her a SIM card to work in her phone. What do we need to do so both phones can connect to the BB servers?

From what I was able to piece together, I still have questions:
    - so do I need to call AT&T and Alltel and ask them to release our PINs so they can be used with other carriers? Is it something as easy as calling them up and asking? Do I need to talk to someone specifically?

- I've tried registering my HRT's, but nothing happens. What are service books and do I need those? How do I get them for both phones?

The point of me getting this 9700 was to chat with my friends back in the States on BBM. Now with email push not working, I have taken a step backwards by switching from my iPhone to the 9700 (yes, that was hard to admit, lol). How can I get our Blackberries to work like they do in the States with a German cell carrier???
    03-15-10 03:35 AM
    Need to call the original carriers to make sure the PIN's have been released and then make sure you have a BIS or BES plan or they will not function correctly.
    03-15-10 10:32 AM
    Need to call the original carriers to make sure the PIN's have been released and then make sure you have a BIS or BES plan or they will not function correctly.

And thats it? Good to go? I just got back from T-mobile, they added their Blackberry webmail plan to my account to see if it works. Now I need to call AT&T and ask them to release my PIN.

Will I need to do anything on the phone once I get the PIN released? Thanks for the help BTW, I really appreciate it
    03-15-10 10:51 AM
    Yes nothing from your phone.
    03-15-10 11:03 AM
    battery pull maybe?
    03-15-10 11:09 AM
    Sure what the heck lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 11:21 AM
    If you ATT releases the pin, you should be ok as there arent any changes that you need to make on your phone. You may already be able to add the phone to your BIS after they added the Blackberry data plan to your account. Give it a shot..if not, then call ATT for pin release
    03-15-10 12:08 PM
    hey the op didn't mention if his contract was up. he may have to pay termination fees... that may be expensive. He could just deactivate the blackberry BIS on his plan and send his sim by post to a family member or relative and charge him/her 10 bucks a month. that may help to offset the payment. also by paying monthly until the end of the contract, he can spread out the cost.
    then again if he gets paid a lot then he can easily afford the cancellation fees
    03-15-10 01:16 PM
    And thats it? Good to go? I just got back from T-mobile, they added their Blackberry webmail plan to my account to see if it works. Now I need to call AT&T and ask them to release my PIN.

Will I need to do anything on the phone once I get the PIN released? Thanks for the help BTW, I really appreciate it
    Did you get an email on your phone saying that your device was registered to the T-Mobile Network?
    03-15-10 01:39 PM
    hey the op didn't mention if his contract was up. he may have to pay termination fees... that may be expensive. He could just deactivate the blackberry BIS on his plan and send his sim by post to a family member or relative and charge him/her 10 bucks a month. that may help to offset the payment. also by paying monthly until the end of the contract, he can spread out the cost.
    then again if he gets paid a lot then he can easily afford the cancellation fees
    Or I could just put it on military suspension and not pay anything

Did you get an email on your phone saying that your device was registered to the T-Mobile Network?
    Not yet, Tmobile said it would take about 24hrs for it to kick in. So time for a nap.
    03-15-10 01:55 PM

Not yet, Tmobile said it would take about 24hrs for it to kick in. So time for a nap.
    military? Nice. Is the otterbox defender Standard Issue? SI

hey does that mean you can get 10 blackberrys on contract and then do military suspension then go to ebay?
    03-15-10 03:16 PM
    Military suspension eh? Hmm...
    03-15-10 08:32 PM

Usually it should take a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
    03-15-10 08:33 PM
    military? Nice. Is the otterbox defender Standard Issue? SI

hey does that mean you can get 10 blackberrys on contract and then do military suspension then go to ebay?
    It doesnt work that way.

Usually it should take a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
    Its actually working now. Never had to call AT&T to release my PIN. Just needed a BB data plan I guess. Thanks for the help on this!
    03-16-10 01:33 AM
    It usually works out that way. Once you get a data plan and your phone registers to the network it gets released from the previous account

Glad you're up and running!
    03-16-10 06:50 AM
    It doesnt work that way.

Its actually working now. Never had to call AT&T to release my PIN. Just needed a BB data plan I guess. Thanks for the help on this!
    You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you.
    03-16-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD