07-21-10 09:35 AM
41 12
tools
    I have recently purchased an unlock code and i know that most places that unlock your phone, needs the phone IMEI, i gave them my IMEI, but i gave them just the 15 digit number, my IMEI has decimals within the numbers, but i didn't place the decimals in the IMEI when i purchased it, is this a a problem???

I REALLY Need Help Bad, I only Have 2 MEPS Left, b4 the phone is locked, FOREVER!!
    05-06-09 10:58 AM
    Still shouldn't need the decimals. And are you following directions right? What's problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 11:50 AM
    Ive followed the directions, but every code they gave me said "code error" maybe i should hard reset the phone and try again but i only have 2 meps left, so i really need one of them to work. I'm trying to unlock it to t-mobile...does it matter if my t-mobile sim card is already placed in the sim lock?
    05-06-09 12:30 PM
    No, but make sure you go to your manage connections in applications and turn everything off first. Try putting in the verizon sim, but dont think that matters as long as everything is off! service has to be off to do it.
    05-06-09 12:34 PM
    1) Need a SIM card inserted into the phone
    2) Click on manage connections, select turn all connections off
    3) Go to Settings Menu, Options, Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
    4) Hit the menu button and select show keyboard
    5) Type in mepd using the keyboard (nothing will show on screen)
    6) Type in mep2 another screen pops up for the code
    7) Enter the code, remember you ONLY have 10 chances to get it right
    8) Press the enter key
    9) A message will appear saying code accepted
    10) Turn device off, insert SIM of your choice if have not done so already
    11) Turn the phone back on
    12) Go to Options, then Mobile Network, on the third row switch it to GSM/UMTS and you're done.
    05-06-09 12:39 PM
    lemme know how you make out.
    05-06-09 12:49 PM
    Ive done all of that man!! My connections were off. But it could be that i didn't reset the phone b4 i did everything tho. But u don't think it may have something to do with the decimals not being in the IMEI?
    05-06-09 12:52 PM
    Shouldnt have, but not positive. I unlocked the storm i had and it went first time. So its going all the way to let you put code in, then says error AFTER you put code in?
    05-06-09 12:55 PM
    The rep who i ordered the code from just told me the decimals didn't matter either. Imma give it another shot soon, because i only have two chances left!
    05-06-09 12:57 PM
    after i place the mep code in, it says "code error..please wait"
    05-06-09 12:58 PM
    Sounds like they gave you the wrong code, I'd verify you gave them right IMEI, and that they gave you the right code, maybe try getting one from another vendor and see if they give you the same code?
    05-06-09 01:03 PM
    so you type in mepd, then mep2 after, right? Then a screen should pop up for code. Try using landscape mode.
    05-06-09 01:07 PM
    This is what my directions said for mine. And if you are doing it in portrait mode(suretype), may need this.

2) Sometimes the phone requires you to do "m e p p d" instead of "m e p d" and if that occurs, you will need to do "m e p p 2" instead of "m e p 2"
    05-06-09 01:10 PM
    i did landscape mode, thats when the phone is turned horizontal right? it takes me too the active, disabled section and personalization.
    05-06-09 01:12 PM
    Skullz, i get to the part where they ask for the mep code (# left) and i type in my mep code, but after i enter it. it says "code error"
    05-06-09 01:13 PM
    did it ever say accepted? Have you tried texting or calling anyone with your sim in? geting service?
    05-06-09 01:27 PM
    what are you saying about mep code? Once your in sim, you click on the button on left of keyboard and hit show keyboard. Put in landscape mode and type mepd, then type in mep2< then a box should come up to put in your code. If you havent got to put your code in yet, i wouldnt think it would lock you out. By the way youre talking, you didnt even get to part where it asks for your code...
    05-06-09 01:31 PM
    But if you put code in and didnt work, its either already unlocked, or you put in wrong code. Thats why i asked if you could make calls or text now with your sim in.
    05-06-09 01:32 PM
    How are you doing?
    05-06-09 01:54 PM
    When you type mepd and the first screen pops up, do all of the entries on the right including Network say Disabled, if so, you are unlocked. If Network says Active, you are NOT unlocked
    05-06-09 02:57 PM
    My storm said active even thoughunlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 03:30 PM
    Im not doin soo good, my phone is still locked, it says invalid sim whenever my sim is in.....i have 2 mep lefts before my phone is locked, forever!! the codes they gave me didn't work, so now im just waiting on them to give me a new code. but Skullz, ive been to the part where they ask for the code...the codes Ive placed in, were ALL incorrect...
    05-06-09 09:03 PM
    Id say has to be bad code. Cause when i did mine it said code accepted right after i typed it in. I tried to help, and it sucks i couldnt of helped more. I bought my code on ebay for like $8, and worked fine. Let me know when you figure out what it is. Good luck.
    05-06-09 09:42 PM
    Thanx Bro, you've been a good help! i really appreciate it bro, but when u got your unlock code, how many codes did u have?
    05-06-09 11:28 PM
    Thanx Bro, you've been a good help! i really appreciate it bro, but when u got your unlock code, how many codes did u have?
    They only give you one code because it has to match with your IMEI. If i were you just like skullz said go buy another code and get done with and hope you unlock safe !!
    05-06-09 11:41 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD