bought a phone storm 2 9550 through ebay from carrier verizon wireless i got unlocked did the mepd shows

sim disabled
    network inactive
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate disabled

i bought a sim card from telus got it activated
    popped it in the phone changed my settings to GSM/UMTS AND 2 G and im not getting signals or anything it shows on the top right SOS.

do i go back to telus and get another sim card if this sim card isnt working? pls help me thanks.
    09-12-11 02:31 PM
    Your Blackberry is unlocked, Blackberry unlocking refers mostly to SIM lock unlocking making the device sim free, well that part you done right.

On Verizon CDMA devices you also need to edit the phone number of the CDMA line that was used on the device before the unlocking, you need to change it to the new phone number of your SIM card that you want to use with your unlocked Blackberry Storm 2.

How to do it?
    Well, dial ##000000 and you will see the CDMA settings menu where you can edit the phone number and change it to your new phone number, restart the device and see if it's working.
    09-12-11 03:14 PM
    Telus is both CDMA and HSPA. They formerly sold the Storm2.

The Storm2 will not be activated on Telus' CDMA network, since CDMA carriers typically do not allow devices from other CDMA carriers. They use a database of ESNs and if the ESNs do not match their own branding, the device is not activated.

The Storm2 will only work on a 2G (EDGE) network in North America on GSM carriers, and Telus does not have such a network. Neither does Bell.

You can use your Storm2 on EDGE (2G) on Rogers.
    Last edited by lak611; 09-12-11 at 03:27 PM.
    09-12-11 03:20 PM
    i changed directory number to my number didnt' work and i also changed the IMSI_S to my phone number also and it didnt work also
    09-12-11 03:31 PM
    lak- so basically I cant use this phone through telus even its unlocked?
    but im trying to put this phone through telus provider

I put net work selection mode to -AUTOMATIC
    NETWORK TECHNOLOGY TO GSM/UMTS
    NETWORK MODE-2G

its weird because my friend got a torch from rogers, unlocked it and got a sim card though telus and popped it in and it works

and nothing.

and when I restart the phone or reboot it, it tells me there's a ME error (picture of the simcard) asking to OK,BACK, or cancell
    09-12-11 03:36 PM
    lak- so basically I cant use this phone through telus even its unlocked?
    but im trying to put this phone through telus provider

I put net work selection mode to -AUTOMATIC
    NETWORK TECHNOLOGY TO GSM/UMTS
    NETWORK MODE-2G

its weird because my friend got a torch from rogers, unlocked it and got a sim card though telus and popped it in and it works

and nothing.

and when I restart the phone or reboot it, it tells me there's a ME error (picture of the simcard) asking to OK,BACK, or cancell
    No. You cannot use the Storm2 on Telus.

An unlocked Torch from Rogers will work on Telus, since that device uses Telus' HSPA network, not the CDMA network.

Telus does not use SIM cards for the Storm2 on their network. If you had a Telus-branded Storm2, it would work even if you removed the SIM card. However, Telus will not activate a Storm2, Storm1, or 9630 that is from any other carrier.
    09-12-11 03:55 PM
    well that sucks..no point of "unlocking it" and use it to a different service provider
    09-12-11 04:09 PM
    well that sucks..no point of "unlocking it" and use it to a different service provider
    It would be useful to unlock it and use it on Rogers, AT&T, T-Mobile (or overseas).

Your best option would probably be to sell it to a VZW customer or to sell it to a customer who has Rogers or is in the US/overseas.

However, it will only get 3G on a GSM network overseas. If it is used on Rogers, AT&T, T-Mobile or any other North American GSM carrier, it will get 2G (EDGE).

A VZW customer will able to get full use of the device on VZW's network. However it cannot be used on Bell, Telus, or Sprint at all.
    Last edited by lak611; 09-12-11 at 04:15 PM.
    09-12-11 04:13 PM
    It will also open us your buyer potential when you unlock. Fido is another option as well.
    09-12-11 05:36 PM
    bought a phone storm 2 9550 through ebay from carrier verizon wireless i got unlocked did the mepd shows

sim disabled
    network inactive
    network subset disabled
    service provider disabled
    corporate disabled

i bought a sim card from telus got it activated
    popped it in the phone changed my settings to GSM/UMTS AND 2 G and im not getting signals or anything it shows on the top right SOS.

do i go back to telus and get another sim card if this sim card isnt working? pls help me thanks.
    Like some have mentioned only usable on Roger's network in Canada.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 12:00 AM
    You could sell it I see them going for $170-250 on ebay, or like previously mentioned Rogers or Fido would work. They have good rates.
    10-03-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD