Hey guys new to this forum and new to blackberries. I ordered a curve 8310 off ebay and received in the mail a few days ago. The phone is unlocked and I am having trouble getting the internet to work right through at&t. I've spent hours talking to at&t trying to get the internet to work properly.

I have recently installed the 8310 Handheld Software v4.5.0.152 which made no difference what so ever. I am still not seeing an "edge" icon on the top right of the screen in lower or upper case. I have tried registering the phone through host routing table and no response.

If anyone can help me it will be much appreciated.
    01-18-10 01:58 PM
    do you have the blackberry data package?
    01-18-10 02:08 PM
    I do have the blackberry data plan
    01-18-10 02:46 PM
    bump...anyone
    01-18-10 04:59 PM
    you have the IMEI and PIN properly registered on the BIS account?

what does the phone say with a sim card in it and turned on? does the phone itself work?
    01-19-10 12:55 AM
    Thanks for your response

you have the IMEI and PIN properly registered on the BIS account
    what does the phone say with a sim card in it and turned on? does the phone itself work?

I am not sure what the BIS account is?

The phone says at&t and has started to say edge. I am trying to install the enterprise software at this moment.
    Last edited by e30bulldog; 01-19-10 at 02:10 AM.
    01-19-10 02:04 AM
    so you have BES through work? your network admin will have to register the phone on your BES server. without that, you wont get the necessary service books that will register your phone on the network.
    01-19-10 08:41 AM
    Thanks for your response

I am not sure what the BIS account is?

The phone says at&t and has started to say edge. I am trying to install the enterprise software at this moment.
    You claim two different things. If you have a BIS plan then you must go to att.com/blackberrystart or if you have a BES plan you must go see your admin.
    01-19-10 12:13 PM
    I should have the BIS plan. I went to att.com/blackberrystart and it says my PIN or IMEI is invalid...so????
    01-19-10 06:32 PM
    BES - Blackberry ENTERPRISE Server (meaning its controlled by your work and nobody but them can activate the data on it)
    BIS - Blackberry Integrated Server (AT&T can play with it to get it working)

Which is it?
    01-19-10 06:48 PM
    BES - Blackberry ENTERPRISE Server (meaning its controlled by your work and nobody but them can activate the data on it)
    BIS - Blackberry Integrated Server (AT&T can play with it to get it working)

Which is it?
    Its definitely BIS
    01-20-10 02:17 AM
    When you tried to register it with att over the phone, did they say anything about your imei/pin being invalid? They may either have to manually add it to their network (rare), or there's a chance that your blackberry may either be locked to the old users account, or may also have been suspended by the original carrier for a number of reasons.

Speak to the previous owner and ask him to have the network release it from their network. Hopefully this solves the problem
    01-20-10 07:36 AM
    Ok, I just read over the ebay ad where I bought the phone and I think I made a huge mistake. It says It can't be registered with blackberry internet services...

Is there a way around this?

here is a link to the ad
    BLACKBERRY CURVE 8310 Unlocked AT&T PDA GSM Cell Phone - eBay (item 270447247673 end time Jan-22-10 00:41:52 PST)
    01-20-10 02:41 PM
    Ok, I just read over the ebay ad where I bought the phone and I think I made a huge mistake. It says It can't be registered with blackberry internet services...

here is a link to the ad
    BLACKBERRY CURVE 8310 Unlocked AT&T PDA GSM Cell Phone - eBay (item 270447247673 end time Jan-22-10 00:41:52 PST)
    That probably means that the PIN is blocked or not released by previous carrier. Only way to know will be to try it out.
    01-21-10 01:52 PM
    Just as I suspected!

You're out of luck. No legal ways to get it released unfortunately. However to make your money back, some people buy the phones for other purposes. Wish I could help...
    01-21-10 05:21 PM

here is a link to the ad
    NEVER buy any phones from overseas. I get all my phones from this user, urbancomm2 on ebay. Before sending the phones out, they program them for your service. I have purchased 4 phones from them and each one works perfectely. Two of the phones were on T-Mobile and the other two on AT&T.
    01-28-10 02:38 PM
    I'm not sure where exactly in Toronto you are, but shoot us an email. While we don't cable unlock BB's ourself, we can probably recommend someone that might.
    01-29-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD