It seems I've been reading threads on here with people that are having issues when unlocking the blackberry bold for TMobile USA service. I am strongly considering doing this but I just dont know if it will be worth it if I have a lot of problems. I know 3G wont work on the tmobile network but I am not really concerned with that. Are there any other issues I should be aware of before doing this. Also, for those that have done this, do you reccomend it? Thanks in advance.

Ben
    09-18-08 06:02 PM
    It seems I've been reading threads on here with people that are having issues when unlocking the blackberry bold for TMobile USA service. I am strongly considering doing this but I just dont know if it will be worth it if I have a lot of problems. I know 3G wont work on the tmobile network but I am not really concerned with that. Are there any other issues I should be aware of before doing this. Also, for those that have done this, do you reccomend it? Thanks in advance.

Ben
    Some of the features may not work, obviously 3G won't.

But in all honesty - without the 3G, isn't it essentially a pretty curve with a bigger screen? Why waste the money? I'd get an 8320.

I was going to do that after the whole Bold being delayed for AT&T but my deal fell through. Ghey

Either way - if you do want the Bold, some of the settings are weird but I think you can make them work.
    09-18-08 06:06 PM
    Tmobile's 3g network has already started in many states.
    09-18-08 06:13 PM
    And the javelin will be here *holds breath* by the end of the year. And it is tmo branded. I'd suggest waiting for that. A review went up on the jav forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 06:13 PM
    Tmo's 3G as I understand it is not compatible with the bold. Different frequencies. Anyone back me up on that?

09-18-08 06:14 PM
    Tmobile's 3g network has already started in many states.
    It doesn't matter. TMO 3G runs off a completely different frequency than ATTs so the Bold 3G will not work either way.
    09-18-08 06:18 PM
    I will most likely wait for the Javelin but the bold interests me also...The Javelin is actually smaller than the Curve. Not sure if I really like that.
    09-18-08 08:20 PM
    Tmobile's 3g will be faster then other carriers 3g's anyways, technically it will more like a 3.5g network.
    09-18-08 08:37 PM
    Tmobile's 3g will be faster then other carriers 3g's anyways, technically it will more like a 3.5g network.
    Uh are you serious? You are screaming t-mo fanboy right now.

My N95-4 supported 3.5G on AT&T. What's your point? The speed depends on the phone hardware. I highly doubt t-mobile's network will "be faster than AT&T's"

AT&T is doing LTE (4G) trials in Europe right now and T-Mobile JUST started rolling out 3G in the US, what does that tell you??

I wish T-Mobile would catch up and have better, more, and faster data speeds than AT&T because they are cheaper, but in reality, that isn't going to happen, and if it does, it won't be for a very long time.
    09-18-08 08:58 PM
    Uh are you serious? You are screaming t-mo fanboy right now.

My N95-4 supported 3.5G on AT&T. What's your point? The speed depends on the phone hardware. I highly doubt t-mobile's network will "be faster than AT&T's"

AT&T is doing LTE (4G) trials in Europe right now and T-Mobile JUST started rolling out 3G in the US, what does that tell you??

I wish T-Mobile would catch up and have better, more, and faster data speeds than AT&T because they are cheaper, but in reality, that isn't going to happen, and if it does, it won't be for a very long time.
    Yeah I'm a tmobile 'fanboy' I've been with tmobile almost 10 years, never had a problem.
    Just because they are rolling out 3g late doesn't mean it's a bad thing, maybe they want to make sure their network is secure and doesn't have any problems with the network/service.
    09-18-08 09:02 PM
    Yeah I'm a tmobile 'fanboy' I've been with tmobile almost 10 years, never had a problem.
    Just because they are rolling out 3g late doesn't mean it's a bad thing, maybe they want to make sure their network is secure and doesn't have any problems with the network/service.
    Yes, but don't claim it's "better and faster" when it's obviously not.

I've been with AT&T for over 6 years now, I normally don't have issues with CS. I basically stay with them because they always get phones before other carriers and have the best service for where I'm at.

I'm not loyal to any carrier, just whichever suits my needs, but after saying that, I won't ever have a CDMA carrier though. If it doesn't have a SIM card, it isn't for me.
    09-18-08 09:06 PM
    Hello! I'm new!

I've been thinking of getting a Bold on Ebay. I can't decide if it's worth getting it as I fear it not working. I heard the International version has browser issues, while the Canadian version has PIN problems. Is this true?

Which should I get, and does anyone know anyone selling it for a reasonable price? Or any tips?
    09-18-08 09:38 PM
    I have the canadian version (rogers unlocked) pin works fine as well as email and text, but I cant get internet browser or send or receive mms messages, tmo doesnt have the service books to support the phone so all the features dont work, but i can get on the internet using opera mini
    09-27-08 07:53 PM
    everything works for me except 3G.

Here's what works:

Email
    MMS
    Text
    GPS
    Hotspot Browser
    BBM
    EDGE
    WIFI
    PIN

TMO BIS recognized the bold device pin, and the site allows you to change/add/filter emails to the bold.

My only issue is the lack of 3G
    09-27-08 10:14 PM
    Yes, but don't claim it's "better and faster" when it's obviously not.

I've been with AT&T for over 6 years now, I normally don't have issues with CS. I basically stay with them because they always get phones before other carriers and have the best service for where I'm at.

I'm not loyal to any carrier, just whichever suits my needs, but after saying that, I won't ever have a CDMA carrier though. If it doesn't have a SIM card, it isn't for me.
    Couldn't agree more. It's one thing to say they want to make sure it's secure, etc. But faster than any other carriers? Espically when it's a new roll-out for that particular company? Negative.
    09-27-08 10:18 PM
    defsupreme,

I noticed you said hotspot browser, so you dont have the internet browser option either? also mms works? as mine doesnt work I can only send pics via email or blackberry messenger not via phone #(which is mms) not can I receive them
    Last edited by Ms.Coutureone; 09-28-08 at 10:00 AM.
    09-28-08 09:38 AM
    Please help me,

i have a blackberry bold for tmobile rogers so i want my mms and blackberry browser to work can someone please help me please!

thanks
    10-08-08 09:18 PM
    Please help me,

i have a blackberry bold for tmobile rogers so i want my mms and blackberry browser to work can someone please help me please!

thanks
    you can't have the regular blackberry browser and MMS OR 3g because suck a$$ t-mobile doesn't support it yet and/or maybe never will

10-08-08 09:26 PM
    T-Mobile will never support the 3G band on the Bold if your using one from a diff carrier, they use a totally different 3G band then what is built into the current Bolds.
    10-08-08 09:28 PM
    T-Mobile will never support the 3G band on the Bold if your using one from a diff carrier, they use a totally different 3G band then what is built into the current Bolds.
    exactly Bla1ze thank you
    10-08-08 09:33 PM
    you can't have the regular blackberry browser and MMS OR 3g because suck a$$ t-mobile doesn't support it yet and/or maybe never will

dam is their any alternative to replace bb browser i really hate opera mini.

i want a fast working browser.
    10-08-08 09:37 PM
    dam is their any alternative to replace bb browser i really hate opera mini.

i want a fast working browser.
    i personally don't know of any...i also personally don't care for opera mini that much...some people love it but i don't The way to get a faster browser would be on ATT right now. They have 3g up and running and everything. Your Bold would be running at 100% pretty much with EVERYTHING including MMS and 3g working. But once again...t-mobile will never support the current Bolds mhz frequency...the only way they will support a Bold frequency is if they get their own 90xx phone with their specific mhz frequency which is 1700 mhz. But besides that they will never support it.
    10-08-08 09:42 PM
    i personally don't know of any...i also personally don't care for opera mini that much...some people love it but i don't The way to get a faster browser would be on ATT right now. They have 3g up and running and everything. Your Bold would be running at 100% pretty much with EVERYTHING including MMS and 3g working. But once again...t-mobile will never support the current Bolds mhz frequency...the only way they will support a Bold frequency is if they get their own 90xx phone with their specific mhz frequency which is 1700 mhz. But besides that they will never support it.
    alright i understand that i will sell my bold if tmobile ever decides to release a bb bold or javelin.

but questioin is is their a alternative browser speed doesnt matter to me i just need to browse websites that i can decently view em.
    10-08-08 09:51 PM
    alright i understand that i will sell my bold if tmobile ever decides to release a bb bold or javelin.

but questioin is is their a alternative browser speed doesnt matter to me i just need to browse websites that i can decently view em.
    besides opera mini i believe not. might be wrong but that's the only one i know of
    10-08-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD