I dont want to dish out $500 bones for a telus branded storm 2 and then not be able to use it on the bell network. I have read a few threads stating that i cant unlock a cdma phone and use it on another cdma network.....this makes no sense to me as they are both cdma carriers shouldnt they be easier to unlock and use on eachother???
    01-15-10 11:55 PM
    You can't unlock a CDMA phone. They are not locked. Rather the ESn is not registered in the carriers system.

Bell's policy is not to allow foreign ESN's (ie Telus, Verizon). So it is not going to happen. Telus has the same policy.

The Storm2 is coming to Bell, just no firm release date as of yet.
    01-16-10 02:36 AM
    I dont want to dish out $500 bones for a telus branded storm 2 and then not be able to use it on the bell network. I have read a few threads stating that i cant unlock a cdma phone and use it on another cdma network.....this makes no sense to me as they are both cdma carriers shouldnt they be easier to unlock and use on eachother???
    i had same problem as I bought a unlocked Storm 9530 branded Verizon and wasn't able to activate on Bell. Moved forward and just bought a AT&T branded Bold 9700 something that will work on all networks.
    01-16-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD