07-08-17 07:40 PM
49 12
tools
    Can anyone recommend a legit unlock service for my AT&T Q10

Have had good luck with freemyblackberry on my prevous 9900 devices, and would go down that route again....unless there's some cheaper, equally reliable service.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    10-08-13 01:55 AM
    You're in the right place!
    ShopCrackBerry has an unlocking service now.

CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10
    10-08-13 02:35 AM
    I used www.mtlunlocks.com. Same results... just a bit cheaper. No offence CB! this is still my first place for all my BlackBerry accessories

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:48 AM
    We use to have a place on here for all unlock code sellers to list their business but I'm not sure if it exists anymore.

We've stuck around but a lot of the other sellers left after CB changed things.
    10-09-13 04:48 AM
    I used Blackberry Unlocking - Unlock Blackberry - Instant Blackberry Unlock Code | BlackberryCodeSource.com to get my Z10 unlock code. They do Q10's as well. I had my codes sent to me timely, and it all worked as advertised. In fact, their mail containing my unlock code went to my spam folder, and when I inquired, they were quick to respond to my mail. Overall, I was pleased with the whole experience.
    The_Adventist and wordworkr58 like this.
    10-09-13 03:58 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    10-12-13 05:23 PM
    I used GetUnlocked.com - BlackBerry, iPhone and Samsung smartphone unlocking. after reading some not so great reviews here about other services. Got my code in less than 3 hours so no complaints.
    10-16-13 04:51 PM
    You're in the right place!
    ShopCrackBerry has an unlocking service now.

CrackBerryUnlocking.com ? BlackBerry Unlock codes, BlackBerry Unlocking, Unlock BlackBerry 10
    Seems like these guys have left the building. And there is a bunch of irate customers who have paid and received to codes or replies to their communications.

Something amiss?
    10-17-13 07:14 PM
    Seems like these guys have left the building. And there is a bunch of irate customers who have paid and received to codes or replies to their communications.

Something amiss?
    2x the price also...wow!

Will keep looking.

Thanks!
    10-19-13 02:13 AM
    Also try GSMLIBERTY. I did for my Z10 and got my codes under 3hrs processed on Sun. Worked perfectly. They don't do Z30 yet though. I'm with Bell.

Posted using CB10 with my Z30
    10-22-13 12:51 AM
    P.S. I'm also one of those folks that got caught by the cb unlocking site being brought down and a pending order for my Z30. : ( Looking to get a refund. Put a new order thru another site tonight.

Posted using CB10 with my Z30
    10-22-13 12:54 AM
    Can anyone recommend a legit unlock service for my AT&T Q10

Have had good luck with freemyblackberry on my prevous 9900 devices, and would go down that route again....unless there's some cheaper, equally reliable service.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Call AT&T Tech support from your phone(instantaneous), or use the online att device unlock request form.
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:01 AM
    It's free @ at&t

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 01:01 AM
    Thanks again! Going to try AT&T first.
    10-22-13 04:47 AM
    Yes you should try your carrier first to see if they will provide a free code, if not we will be more then happy to help you.
    Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net
    10-22-13 10:04 AM
    Thanks again! Going to try AT&T first.

In June, AT&T sold me a Q10 at full price ($600) with the understanding it would be "unlocked" and not subject to the 2-year contract for a subsidized device. By August, the touchscreen was more or less inoperative and my local AT&T store directed me to their technical support store where they would exchange my troublesome phone for a new one as per the warranty.

I was assured it, too, would be "unlocked" and free of contractual obligations. The "tech support" store exchanged old for new, but declined to set it up (?!) beyond simple activation…no transfer of contacts, documents or other data…no help with Voice Mail (visible or otherwise)...and it was only after leaving I found that the phone remained "locked."

My local AT&T store was baffled by the Voice Mail issue and placed a call to BlackBerry. They further advised that I could only obtain the unlock code (MEP?) from AT&T Customer Care…despite knowing that I'd purchased it there as an unlocked device. A call to Customer Care, however, produced a MEP Code from a cheerful voice and I figured I was on my way.

Not to be! The MEP Code she'd given me (read back to her twice to be sure) produced red text indicating that it was incorrect and warning I'd only 9 more attempts remaining before the device locked itself for good. I called Customer Care again and was advised the SIM card should be replaced, then the MEP Code would work…or, if it didn't, to call back for a [new?] unlock code. Back to AT&T store for a new SIM card and some help on the Voice Mail feature from someone higher up the chain of command.

She indicated, however, that a MEP Code alone would not unlock the device; I must also introduce a foreign SIM card (non-AT&T) to the device and only then would it prompt me for a new MEP Code. Incredulous, I asked, "Do you mean I must wait until I'm somewhere else in the world before I'm able to unlock the device which you sold me on the express condition it was to be unlocked?" She responded, "Yes, exactly."

I've yet to call Customer Care again, but did visit the AT&T Device Unlock Portal where one may request a device unlock for AT&T Mobile Devices. It's only one page long, and asks that you abide by their conditions, then leads you to a page for filling in your device-specific information. I met the requirements stipulated and proceeded to the data input page. As soon as my IMEI number was filled in, red text appeared indicating "this device is not currently eligible to be unlocked."

Moreover, on close inspection I find the PIN and MAC addresses which appear on screen do not match those on the label behind the battery. Go figure?

So…by all means try AT&T first, but gather all the salient information from this site, BlackBerry.com, and the AT&T site that might possibly be relevant so you can avoid an experience similar to mine! Good luck…DCD
    10-27-13 02:46 AM
    If you have contract, you can ask AT&T
    10-27-13 10:38 PM
    If you have contract, you can ask AT&T

Hmmm...that was the [admittedly long-winded] point I sought to make.

I bought the Q10 at full price because AT&T expressly agreed:

• it would not be subject to a contract, and
    • it would be unlocked so other SIMs could be used as necessary.
    10-28-13 12:45 AM
    I used the at&t unlock portal, and it usually states that the device cannot be unlocked, or the servers are down. Just call at&t tech support, and you will get an unlock code (if you qualify for one). Just make sure that
    They have the correct imei to unlock, and that you receive the proper unlock code. Tell the imei, have them repeat the imei, and confirm that they have the proper imei.
    When they give you the unlock code write it down, repeat it to them, and confirm that it is correct.

It's up to you to properly unlock the phone yourself.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:13 AM
    We always recommend checking with your carrier before paying a 3rd party like us to unlock your device.
    10-28-13 12:49 PM
    I used the at&t unlock portal, and it usually states that the device cannot be unlocked, or the servers are down. Just call at&t tech support, and you will get an unlock code (if you qualify for one). Just make sure that
    They have the correct imei to unlock, and that you receive the proper unlock code. Tell the imei, have them repeat the imei, and confirm that they have the proper imei.
    When they give you the unlock code write it down, repeat it to them, and confirm that it is correct.

It's up to you to properly unlock the phone yourself.

Posted via CB10

Evidently my original post was indeed too lengthy because it would seem neither respondent has read it. Hypothetically, it's worth asking oneself why any company, including AT&T, would bother to create a Device Unlock Portal if "it usually states that the device cannot be unlocked or servers are down?" Terser, the adverb "usually" suggests you've made a statistically significant number of unsuccessful attempts to assert a fact.

"Just call AT&T Tech Support…," actually, it's AT&T Customer Care (611) one must call for a MEP Code (not a MEP number—they're not synonymous) but no point in quibbling. You'll note the last sentence in 3 and the first sentence of 4 of my post are unambiguous with respect to having diligently pursued the advice you've offered above. Moreover, my inner engineer even drove me to validate my IMEI with Luhn's Algorithm.

You'll agree, there's evidence of some real compulsion! And, yes, we read to each other more than once to be absolutely, positively certain, since it is indeed up to me to do their job for them, having paid the full tariff. [I have to wonder…were you my DI or Training Officer in the Cold War?]

OK…jesting aside…my intent was to point out how needlessly circuitous this relatively simple exercise has been made, or designed, if you will. All of Murphy's Corollaries are at play…nature is clearly siding with the hidden flaw.
    dhs1000 likes this.
    10-29-13 01:15 AM

Evidently my original post was indeed too lengthy because it would seem neither respondent has read it. Hypothetically, it's worth asking oneself why any company, including AT&T, would bother to create a Device Unlock Portal if "it usually states that the device cannot be unlocked or servers are down?" Terser, the adverb "usually" suggests you've made a statistically significant number of unsuccessful attempts to assert a fact.

"Just call AT&T Tech Support," actually, it's AT&T Customer Care (611) one must call for a MEP Code (not a MEP numberthey're not synonymous) but no point in quibbling. You'll note the last sentence in 3 and the first sentence of 4 of my post are unambiguous with respect to having diligently pursued the advice you've offered above. Moreover, my inner engineer even drove me to validate my IMEI with Luhn's Algorithm.

You'll agree, there's evidence of some real compulsion! And, yes, we read to each other more than once to be absolutely, positively certain, since it is indeed up to me to do their job for them, having paid the full tariff. [I have to wonderwere you my DI or Training Officer in the Cold War?]

OKjesting asidemy intent was to point out how needlessly circuitous this relatively simple exercise has been made, or designed, if you will. All of Murphy's Corollaries are at playnature is clearly siding with the hidden flaw.
    K.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:59 AM
    My father just tried calling AT&T a week ago to get his phone unlocked because he had finally had it for 90 days, and they told him they were no longer unlocking phones for free because of their new "AT&T Next" $0 down swap out your phone whenever you want plan. The thing is my dad is on their original wait 20-24 months to get a new phone plan.

Does this sound right to you all? I think the person he was speaking to on the phone didn't either understand he wasn't on AT&T Next or they *just* changed their policy.
    11-15-13 08:56 PM
    Does anyone know a reliable unlock service for a BlackBerry Q10 locked on a french carrier (Sosh by Orange) ?

Thank you
    12-01-13 12:00 PM
    I use mobile in canada and they are awesome.
    12-01-13 12:18 PM
49 12