Alright so I am going to Toronto this saturday. I am going to see my cousin. I am wondering if I should unlock my Verizon 9630 so I can get prepaid rogers, and if this will work.

Or

just get a verizon global data plan
    03-29-11 02:34 PM
    Hi there!
    I would recommend to get your phone unlocked.It's the cheapest way for you.Roaming fees are too high to worth using your Verizon global data plan in Canada.
    To unlock your phone is pretty cheap.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers
    03-29-11 08:13 PM
    Alright so I am going to Toronto this saturday. I am going to see my cousin. I am wondering if I should unlock my Verizon 9630 so I can get prepaid rogers, and if this will work.

Or

I agree with the post above saying that the gloabl plan may be too expensive. You can probably get it unlocked and use a Rogers prepaid SIM while here. It will probably be cheaper, but depending on what you want to use while here, it may be your best interest to get the global data plan for the BIS functionality, cause as far as I know Rogers prepaid BIS starts at $40 per month.
    03-29-11 08:25 PM

Or

The cheapest way would be to get your phone unlocked and buy a prepaid SIM card depending on how long you will stay. You can get the code for free from Verizon if you have an account in good standing with them or any of us unlockers here can help you unlock it.

You can get Rogers, Fido and Chatr prepaid service. Don't go for Telus or Bell because it won't work with your phone.
    03-29-11 09:45 PM
    Hope you were able to get your phone unlocked! Defiantely unlock it and stay away from roaming. If you need help let us know or any of the other great unlocker's online here.
    04-03-11 02:07 PM
    Welcome to Toronto!! Hopefully you get here when we're having some decent weather!

As posted above, its always best to unlock your phone when travelling. Look at it this way, it will cost you about $10 to unlock your phone and $10 for a Rogers sim + $10 for a bit of phone credit...$30 total to be able to stay in contact which includes an unlocked phone for the future and a sim.

OR you can pay $1.50 - $2 a minute, depending on what Verizon charges these days
    04-04-11 05:47 PM
    Always cheaper to get a prepaid card when traveling to Canada..trust me
    04-05-11 10:08 PM
    went to canada few weeks ago to visit family and forgot to unlock!! haha, coming from an unlocker :P

Definately worth getting that pre-paid especially when you get lost in traffic and are on the phone for 45 minutes!!
    04-06-11 06:06 PM
    Yup why pay for roaming when you can get your BB unlocked for a much lower price.
    04-07-11 01:52 PM
    I used Chat-r but they don't have Blackberry services..yet
    04-08-11 11:20 AM
    Yup why pay for roaming when you can get your BB unlocked for a much lower price.
    Preach it!!! haha
    04-08-11 07:23 PM
    And roaming does get really expensive.
    04-08-11 11:03 PM
    And roaming does get really expensive.
    true......
    04-09-11 06:10 AM
    How was the trip! lol
    04-09-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD