Has anyone done this?

Since the tour now comes with a sim card version, are we able to unlock and buy sim cards out there? Is this true? Have you done it?

Can you give me some simple steps? Also, where did you buy the cards in France/Italy?

Was it worth it?
    08-24-09 08:18 PM
    Yep....There are instructions on cb but I am too lazy to search them out....but here are some on another forum

Step by Step Sprint BB Tour Full Unlock Instructions (FREE!) - SprintUsers.com
    08-24-09 09:56 PM
    sweet. will confirm with sprint when i am about to leave. as far as on the france/italy side, if anyone knows a place.... hook it up!
    08-24-09 11:29 PM
    The phone comes unlocked for many gsm networks out the box....i tried an AT&T sim in mine and it worked perfectly....just have to change the network settings....hope this helps
    08-25-09 03:18 PM
    oops, i'm sprint. sorry!
    08-25-09 03:43 PM
    oh also, if i use their sim card, how do i use the net? hmmm. get a sim that has internet capability? or is it impossible?
    08-29-09 04:21 AM
    The phone comes unlocked for many gsm networks out the box....i tried an AT&T sim in mine and it worked perfectly....just have to change the network settings....hope this helps

Not all of them are unlocked...my first tour was not unlocked and the replacement I just got last week wasnt either...OP check before you go with a active sim from att or tbone
    Last edited by MsRandall; 08-29-09 at 12:20 PM.
    08-29-09 09:39 AM
    right right. they said to just call sprint to unlock. super easy. just need to know how to score internet over there
    08-29-09 12:16 PM
    right right. they said to just call sprint to unlock. super easy. just need to know how to score internet over there
    bump. anyone know where i can get SIM cards plus internet over there? or maybe a good French or Italian mobile phone chain i can visit?

thanks!
    09-08-09 02:11 AM
    bump. anyone know where i can get SIM cards plus internet over there? or maybe a good French or Italian mobile phone chain i can visit?

thanks!
    I think the difficulty you're going to have with that is you would need to have an international SIM with BlackBerry services... and I'm not sure how you'd do that.

I know if you use the Sprint SIM you can add the international BlackBerry package and keep your data services abroad wherever the network supports it. The downside is you pay the international roaming fees which are ridiculous.
    09-08-09 08:09 AM
    Just pay Sprint an extra $40/month and you get unlimited internet overseas. No other carrier even comes close to touching that price.
    09-08-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD