I know the odds are against trying to snatch up the coveted unlock code for the storm, but I know it is possible. What would I have to pitch to vzw to convince them to give me the unlock code for my 9530?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:25 AM
    Call and ask. It's really just that simple. And this has been discussed and answered so many times I just might kill myself soon.
    06-19-09 11:27 AM
    I know the odds are against trying to snatch up the coveted unlock code for the storm, but I know it is possible. What would I have to pitch to vzw to convince them to give me the unlock code for my 9530?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tell them you are going to be traveling outside the US and would like to use a local SIM. That's what I did.
    I called them, told the lady I was going to be traveling out of the country. She said "no problem" and within two minutes she had my unlock code for me.
    You have to call global support. Outstanding customer service!
    06-19-09 11:29 AM
    you just have to be a paying customer for at least 60 days and they'll give it to you no problem. they are obligated to.
    06-19-09 11:34 AM
    Just a quick note. When I asked a phone rep if my phone could be unlocked she said an emphatic no. I politely said I think you are mistaken could you check that. A few moments later she said yes it could be done.

Moral---be prepared with the correct answer before you call. In the past I have found you have to call at least twice to get the correct answer to most questions
    06-19-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD