05-10-10 08:58 PM
26 12
tools
    I was prepping the bold 9700 for sale and I made sure that I went into the settings and to the sim card options and typed in the code "mepd" and all categories said disabled. I went to sell the device......he popped in his Att sim and it read invalid sim.....and it asked for a unlock code again! I paid for the unlock code before and I thought once unlocked, it's unlocked for life. Is there anybody can unlock it for me? I hate to pay again......any other way?
    05-09-10 12:36 PM
    I was prepping the bold 9700 for sale and I made sure that I went into the settings and to the sim card options and typed in the code "mepd" and all categories said disabled. I went to sell the device......he popped in his Att sim and it read invalid sim.....and it asked for a unlock code again! I paid for the unlock code before and I thought once unlocked, it's unlocked for life. Is there anybody can unlock it for me? I hate to pay again......any other way?
    It means it never "accepted" the code or it was AN incorrect unlock code. You will need to purchase another one if it is incorrect or call your carrier for one.
    05-09-10 12:41 PM
    If the unlock code was put in incorrectly......it would of displayed active under network correct? So it it must of took the code.....
    05-09-10 12:46 PM
    If the unlock code was put in incorrectly......it would of displayed active under network correct? So it it must of took the code.....
    What does it say after typing MEPD. Type EVERYTHING.
    05-09-10 12:52 PM
    Uhhhmmm - stupid question here - if you are on ATT and the other person is on ATT, the phone doesn't need to be unlocked right? So we are missing some small detail I would think. Is the other person's SIM card a newer SIM? I recall when my daughter got her BB we had to purchase a new SIM for it to work correctly.
    05-09-10 12:55 PM
    I unlocked it 2 months ago and it was smooth sailing. No problems until he put his Att sim in. That's what I don't get.........
    05-09-10 12:58 PM
    Uhhhmmm - stupid question here - if you are on ATT and the other person is on ATT, the phone doesn't need to be unlocked right? So we are missing some small detail I would think. Is the other person's SIM card a newer SIM? I recall when my daughter got her BB we had to purchase a new SIM for it to work correctly.
    If you PAID for a SIM they saw you coming. AT&T doesn't charge for SIM Cards.

I unlocked it 2 months ago and it was smooth sailing. No problems until he put his Att sim in. That's what I don't get.........
    Upgrade the OS or get a new SIM card.
    05-09-10 12:59 PM
    Sorryvmaybe I'm not being clear. I'm with tmobile. The 9700 is a tmobile brand. I unlocked it 2 months ago and it accepted my code. Now when I go to sell it, and he popped in his Att card, it asks for an unlock code.........again! I paid once for the code and I thought once unlocked, always unlocked. Why is it asking for it again?
    05-09-10 01:10 PM
    Sorryvmaybe I'm not being clear. I'm with tmobile. The 9700 is a tmobile brand. I unlocked it 2 months ago and it accepted my code. Now when I go to sell it, and he popped in his Att card, it asks for an unlock code.........again! I paid once for the code and I thought once unlocked, always unlocked. Why is it asking for it again?
    Your not understanding what we are trying to tell you either. Once unlocked always unlocked is true. But 1) may not like his SIM card so he needs something newer since carrier update cards regularly. 2) update or downgrade your OS to see if that solves the issue.
    05-09-10 01:12 PM
    Got cha...........will try..thanks
    05-09-10 01:14 PM
    Just tried a newer sim that is in my friends 3GS he just purchased and it's the same end result. It seems as though the phone is locked again to tmobile. I am running stock os and no beta's. So it can't be the os. This really annoyed me today.
    05-09-10 01:23 PM
    Did you enter the code you got when prompted?
    05-09-10 01:25 PM
    I don't have that code anymore. I misplaced it. I figured once you unlock it, it stays unlock. I just don't understand how it was unlocked and then BAM! Locked again when putting an Att sim in. I did a security wipe prior to selling but that was only for my information that was on my phone.
    05-09-10 01:33 PM
    I don't have that code anymore. I misplaced it. I figured once you unlock it, it stays unlock. I just don't understand how it was unlocked and then BAM! Locked again when putting an Att sim in. I did a security wipe prior to selling but that was only for my information that was on my phone.
    Well the 5.0 OS I have discovered sometimes requires the code to be entered twice on some devices. Doesn't happen often, but it does.
    05-09-10 01:34 PM
    Just tried a newer sim that is in my friends 3GS he just purchased and it's the same end result. It seems as though the phone is locked again to tmobile. I am running stock os and no beta's. So it can't be the os. This really annoyed me today.
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM card and type "mepd" without quotes. You won't see what you are typing. What does it say?
    05-09-10 01:35 PM
    Well the 5.0 OS I have discovered sometimes requires the code to be entered twice on some devices. Doesn't happen often, but it does.
    The difference I noticed on OS 5.0 is that it doesn't list all the different things in the menu (network inactive, network disabled). Mine just says SIM Card: Security Disabled and has the ID number of my SIM card and my phone number on the screen.
    05-09-10 01:39 PM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM card and type "mepd" without quotes. You won't see what you are typing. What does it say?
    Sim- disabled
    Network-active so it's locked
    Network subset- disabled
    Service provider- disabled
    Coporate- disabled
    05-09-10 01:46 PM
    Sim- disabled
    Network-active so it's locked
    Network subset- disabled
    Service provider- disabled
    Coporate- disabled
    Yup it didn't take your code or it was incorrect.
    05-09-10 02:03 PM
    What's crazy is if it didn't take my code.....then it wouldn't have taken the code. The fact that it accepted my code 2 months ago when I did is strange. Device was unlocked.......now when I plug an Att sim it locks?
    05-09-10 02:12 PM
    Maybe you though it did. Either way its not unlocked.
    05-09-10 02:17 PM
    Could you provide the unlock code? How long will it take.
    05-09-10 02:44 PM
    A minute after payment.
    05-09-10 02:45 PM
    Ever get it unlocked?
    05-09-10 06:45 PM
    Codes are usually emailed right after payment is confirmed. We can also take the order over the phone and walk you through it.
    05-10-10 03:25 PM
    If you PAID for a SIM they saw you coming. AT&T doesn't charge for SIM Cards.
    They do if you go from an old Nokia phone and she upgraded by getting my old Blackberry, which was NOT on our plan. We paid nothing for the phone, $10.00 a month to add her to our family plan, plus $5.00 a month for unlimited texting, no data plan. The only way to get the phone to work was purchase a new SIM. Since the phone had a company SIM w/ BES that I had to return to the company, and her very, very old SIM was outdated, I bought a new one. The only way they would GIVE me one was if I purchased a new plan, with Data, which I refuse to do for a 16 year old who's sole need for data is so she can post on FaceBook. I figure I spent $25.00 and saved about $450.00 in the first year alone.
    05-10-10 08:52 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD