03-29-10 08:46 PM
32 12
tools
    Does having my Storm 9530 unlocked mean it cannot be detected by my computer? I have my Storm hooked up to my computer via USB and it charges, but the DM says it is not connected and where it should say the pin it says "none". I have tried different versions of dm and still nothing. I have also checked my drivers, used different ports, and messed with some of my firewall and anti-virus things on my computer. I have also messed with my mass storage unit options on my phone and nothing is working. Idk what to do anymore and it sucks to be honest. I just want to sync some stuff to my phone and can't even do it so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, I have been at this the last couple of days and doing lots of research with no success. Thanks in advance...
    03-27-10 11:48 PM
    Use the search function for the board.. This topic has been touched on many times.. There is a fix it just depends on your OS.. search BB storage Activation. Mass media solutions. The right key words will lead you to your anwser
    03-28-10 12:05 AM
    It certainly has nothing to do with unlocking it. Try uninstalling DM through Control Panel->Add/Remove programs. Make sure you remove all settings when it prompts. Reboot the PC, and install DM again. Reboot once more, and then connect your Storm.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 12:10 AM
    I have been using the search relentlessly and still nothing. Just not sure what the exact problem is that I need to fix so I am not sure what to search for. Tried the two searches that were suggested and tried some different fixes, but still nothing. I have a usb from best buy, that I purchased yesterday, that has the adapter from the mini to the micro I believe, could this be the problem?
    03-28-10 02:08 AM
    Shouldn't be, but it may be your port hubs, or a low powered port itself. Plug into one in the back of your PC, and take a look at the wipe section of my guide for changing the power settings on your hubs. I could tell from your first post you'd been searching.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

03-28-10 02:22 AM
    BigBadWulf- I tried this, but after I type in my password it says my phone is not connected. This is the problem I have been having, that my phone will not connect to my computer, but it will charge...
    03-28-10 11:57 AM
    Usually means your drivers on your computer are corrupted. You need to uninstall the Desktop Manager and then reinstall it.
    03-28-10 12:11 PM
    Trying that again, the only version I haven't downloaded is 4.6 so Im trying that now and if I am correct it works better without the media manager?
    03-28-10 12:16 PM
    Yup should be a lot better. I don't use the Media Manager, it's just a memory hog.
    03-28-10 12:23 PM
    I connected my mp3 to my computer and now that doesn't connect, but it charges just like my blackberry. Does this mean that there is a problem with my ports? How could I figure out if this is the problem and is there any solutions?
    03-28-10 01:30 PM
    Delete your ports, reboot and try again. It must be the PC. Being prompted for a password told me that.

03-28-10 01:46 PM
    how do i go about deleting my ports? btw i appreciate all the help
    03-28-10 01:51 PM
    Probably varies some, depending on Windows you have. Basically Control Panel->System->Device Drivers->Ports. A quick google search for deleting ports in Windows blah blah blah should help.

03-28-10 02:04 PM
    I clicked on ports and there is two, RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM4) and (COM5) I can uninstall them, but not delete. Is this what I need to try and do? Then reboot and connect and see if that works?
    03-28-10 02:10 PM
    [font=comicsans]Yeppers! /font]

03-28-10 02:17 PM
    Tried that and still nothing. Getting a bit ridiculous haha and I have no idea what to do from here
    03-28-10 02:36 PM
    I read on another site that unplugging my ports from the mother board might do the trick, but since I deleted all the ports already would this do anything or would there possibly be another solution?
    03-28-10 02:51 PM
    You're getting into uncharted territory for me now, it's more of a bugger than I've ever encountered. Certainly that would be a possible solution, but I'd read a lot before tearing into my PC. Did either device auto-install when plugged in, after the ports were uninstalled?

03-28-10 03:04 PM
    When I rebooted my computer it installed all the ports and software again and then I connected my BB and it just went to the clock and started charging again. My mp3 also just started to charge
    03-28-10 03:11 PM
    That's not XP Pro then. Just damn.

03-28-10 03:15 PM
    I have Vista, does that have anything to do with it?
    03-28-10 03:26 PM
    Vista is the biggest PITA Gates ever released. Search specifically with Vista in the title. Good luck bud.

03-28-10 03:29 PM
    Thanks for all the help, if and when I get this figured out I will let you know
    03-28-10 03:34 PM

03-28-10 03:35 PM
    So I installed DM 4.6 onto my girlfriend's laptop as she has xp, hoping to god that it would work and I could finally sync my BB, but still does not connect. If my BB is running 5.0 does that mean I need to have DM 5.0? or am I just F'ed for now ha?
    03-28-10 06:35 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD