03-08-09 12:06 AM
65 123
tools
    That's crap.

Tell Rogers you're traveling overseas on a business trip and you leave tomorrow.

What are you supposed to do then? Fly to Europe, go to the local t-mobile, set up a new account, get a new phone and a new number, then contact everyone in your entire business organization (along with clients, friends, and family) to tell them you have a new number for the next few days, then setup your new bb for email and bbmessenger, THEN you can finally start to work?

Call Rogers, tell them to **** off and keep asking to speak to a supervisor until they give you the unlock code

Edit: If that really is their policy and they absolutely won't give it to you no matter what, then it's time to switch from Rogers to whatever else you guys have up there in Canada.
    Last edited by Nihilist; 01-26-09 at 08:36 PM.
    01-26-09 08:32 PM
    Rogers no doubt wants you to pay one of their roaming partners overseas :-(

Nothing from the site yet but it was just the first day and I didn't send my request till late Sunday night.
    01-26-09 10:54 PM
    Why don't you just call your carrier and tell them you need your phone unlocked?

I did that with AT&T. It was free and it took 2 minutes.
    As much as I agree with you on that. This isn't the point of the thread
    01-26-09 11:23 PM
    did it work for anyone?
    01-26-09 11:55 PM
    did it work for anyone?
    I am sure someone will post if/when they get a working code. For now the answer seems to be NO. But we shall see.
    01-26-09 11:56 PM
    im kinda sad i missed it
    01-26-09 11:58 PM
    Still awaiting my email containing a code..

They did say monday... Tuesday being the latest... So now we play the waiting game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 01:18 AM
    Still awaiting my email containing a code..

They did say monday... Tuesday being the latest... So now we play the waiting game.

Sometimes it takes longer to get codes too, it is not always as "instant" as these sites make it out to be. Most of the people int his thread didn't send their info till late Sunday so odds are we will be the last ones to have our info submitted to RIM and the last to get responses. I would not start complaining till early Wednesday at the earliest.
    01-27-09 01:21 AM
    Edit: If that really is their policy and they absolutely won't give it to you no matter what, then it's time to switch from Rogers to whatever else you guys have up there in Canada.
    In allllll my time with Rogers I have never known anybody who has managed to get an unlock code out of them. It actually seems to be one of the things they are consistently... err... consistent about. I think that Fido used to give them out if you had been with them a year (or something to this effect) but to the best of my knowledge they don't do it anymore either.

Skytrain
    Last edited by Skytrain; 01-27-09 at 04:08 AM.
    01-27-09 02:48 AM
    yeah Rogers seems to be really against giving the code out.

would it be possible to go and call some other carrier and see if they would give me the code? or would that not be possible. haha

thing is, im not desperate to get my phone unlocked so no rush really. i just want it so, if i ever do decide to sell or travel, then i wont have to worry abt the unlocking process
    01-27-09 10:58 AM
    Call your carrier and they will release the unlocking code for you, you have to call, and call, and call then they will give it to you.
    tell them you're going to another country and you will use a pay as you go phone there to save some money thats why you need.
    01-27-09 11:10 AM
    Call your carrier and they will release the unlocking code for you, you have to call, and call, and call then they will give it to you.
    tell them you're going to another country and you will use a pay as you go phone there to save some money thats why you need.
    I've been with Rogers for years, and I went to university overseas, so I pretty much got every phone I had during that time unlocked (and every phone since actually) and each and every time I have called Rogers repeatedly to try and convince them to do it for me and nothing. Like I said before, not giving out unlock codes seems to be one of the few things that Rogers reps can all agree on (not) doing for you. I know overseas and in the US it's a bit different, and sometimes you run into a rep that will tell your it can't be done, or doesn't really know about it and you will have to talk to a couple people in order to get it done, but up here it seems to be pretty black and white - they just don't give out the unlock codes, for any reason, ever...

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't know of anyone who has ever just called in to Rogers and convinced them to unlock their phone?

Skytrain
    01-27-09 03:01 PM
    Ask to speak to customer relations, don't even bother asking a regular CSR
    01-27-09 03:58 PM
    i dont know, i have not heard of any rogers customers who got the unlock code from anyone (csr's). period.
    01-27-09 04:13 PM
    I did it over Email and so on; it worked just on problem i wait over one Week for the unlocking code!
    I entered it and everything was working, except the browser but thats another problem nothing to do with that!
    01-27-09 04:13 PM
    Ask to speak to customer relations, don't even bother asking a regular CSR
    Isn't that almost a given for getting stuff done with Rogers?

But really, I have spoken to lots of people up and down the chain of command, doesn't seem to do much good in relation to this issue. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I've never heard of anyone getting an unlock code out anyone at Rogers.

Skytrain
    01-27-09 05:16 PM
    Just unlocked my bold from my USB connection and some software I found on google. Toke 5 mins lol pretty sure it works on most others, I dont wanna post links here so...
    01-27-09 07:47 PM
    Quick question... I do a lot of traveling outside NA for work and my blackberry in personal, when I bought it I asked the sales agent if unlocking would void any warranty (30min Rogers or the RIM 1 year) he told me that it was considered tampering and that it would void all warranties, is this true?

8900 with Rogers
    01-27-09 08:20 PM
    Quick question... I do a lot of traveling outside NA for work and my blackberry in personal, when I bought it I asked the sales agent if unlocking would void any warranty (30min Rogers or the RIM 1 year) he told me that it was considered tampering and that it would void all warranties, is this true?

8900 with Rogers
    Not true , I had a BB replaced under warranty that was unlocked.
    01-27-09 08:48 PM
    Mikey you have a PM
    01-27-09 09:09 PM
    Yeah RIMs unlocking software leaked awhile ago... Could always use that

01-27-09 09:15 PM
    Isn't that almost a given for getting stuff done with Rogers?

But really, I have spoken to lots of people up and down the chain of command, doesn't seem to do much good in relation to this issue. Maybe I'm just unlucky but I've never heard of anyone getting an unlock code out anyone at Rogers.

Skytrain
    Last year a buddy of mine got his unlock code, I called and after 2 attempts managed to get one for my 8800... I don't know what their policy is with unlock codes but it's possible. You just need to learn how to work them if I told you my retention plan you wouldn't believe it.

01-27-09 09:18 PM
    Looks like they just put out a list, just search your IMEI. Mine still isn't listed oh well

Free Blackberry Unlock Code Results
    01-27-09 11:27 PM
    Looks like they just put out a list, just search your IMEI. Mine still isn't listed oh well

Free Blackberry Unlock Code Results
    Mine neither. Hmm. well thanks for the link =)
    01-27-09 11:42 PM
    Where did you get that list? So we can check back frequently for an updated list

01-28-09 04:44 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD