Hi all, let me start by saying I did read and search the thread before posting. I have an ATT Torch. I am currently in Poland. Before I left the USA I got the unlock code. Here in Poland, I went to Orange and purchased a SIM card w added 1gb data. I inserted the new SIM card, entered the unlock code, and my phone works..just the phone. I get a message from the browser "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." I am unable to send any SMS, and when I checked, my PIN has not changed (still same as when I was with ATT). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm dealing with a bit of a language barrier here and I don't want them to brick my phone or anything. Thank you!!!

ps-I tried the advanced setting host routing table thing that was listed in the post. No change. Also, my SIM card gives an ID but is blank under "phone number."
    02-11-11 11:09 AM
    Sounds like you may not have the service books. On your Torch go to Options>Device>Advanced System>Service Books. You either need to call the carrier and have them sent to the device, or you can log into your BIS account, connect the device and send the service books that way.
    02-11-11 11:31 AM
    You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your service provider in Poland. I generic or smartphone data plan will not work.

However, SMS should work as long as the phone service works. SMS is not dependent upon data.

Note also that the BlackBerry PIN is hardcoded into the device. It won't change if you change SIM cards.
    02-11-11 11:32 AM
    You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from your service provider in Poland. I generic or smartphone data plan will not work.

However, SMS should work as long as the phone service works. SMS is not dependent upon data.

Note also that the BlackBerry PIN is hardcoded into the device. It won't change if you change SIM cards.
    What mamma said, plus here is a link to assist you with how to send service books. Also call your carrier to verify that your device is properly provisioned for a data plan.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/
    02-11-11 11:39 AM
    Thank you both very much.
    02-11-11 11:46 AM
    Yes, you need a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN, from your provider/carrier in order to use all BBerry functions
    02-11-11 03:13 PM
    OP, did you get your unlock code from ATT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD