I have a Verizon 9930 I've purchased and I'd like to use it on AT&T. Can someone please inform me the proper channels to take to unlock the phone and if it will cause an issue with it when the next firmware update comes out. Also, will any features be locked out as a result of unlocking and jumping carriers such as BIS or any other issues?

Who can I trust to help me unlock my phone and what information is needed to do so? I've tried to read the forum, but it is just full of spam and pissing contests between unlockers so I'd like some proper information.

Thanks
    Last edited by o. l. t.; 10-05-12 at 01:45 AM.
    10-04-12 02:58 PM
    The process is pretty easy and will not change any future updates or effect any of your current apps. My family has a long time collection of BB phones on ATT all of which have been unlocked without a single hitch.

My advice is to use a reliable unlocker for your code. There are many such in the forums but my favorite is Horizonwirelessonline.com. They have supplied a series of inexpensive and reliable codes for me and my family. Instructions come with each code. Follow and all should be well.

If you enter the code more than two times and are very careful to make sure the entry is correct then STOP. Either you are making a mistake or the code is not reliable. DO NOT go through 10 tries or you will have a locked phone needing cable unlocking which may not even be possible.
    10-04-12 04:19 PM
    Thanks, those guys don't list a 9930 world phone for Verizon. I'l be looking for an inexpensive and reliable unlocker that can get my phone done properly for the right price.
    10-05-12 01:45 AM
    I like to think I tend to move away from the "pissing contests" and have seen a few other unlockers on here that have got my attention because they don't post a link in every answer they do as well. I've wrote a few responses to people asking why they have dragged up a 2 year old thread so they could post a link, but haven't yet had an answer.

"Proper channels" is something that is open to interpretation, but usually people unlock their BlackBerry's using an unlock code. These simply deactivate the network lock on the phone, nothing else. This means that the apps aren't affected, and neither is future firmware updates.

Different unlockers will ask for different pieces of information. All will need the IMEI of the phone (found by typing in *#06# NOT just by using the phones packaging because that one could be wrong) and some will require either the PRD (on the back of the phone) or the MEP (internal in the phone - requires more time). We just ask for the IMEI and the PRD, which is easy for people to find.

If anything is wrong, we then ask for the MEP, which enables us to verify the codes. We basically do it this way to save people time.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Good luck unlocking it.
    10-05-12 07:59 AM
    OP: I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I do have a question myself.

I unlocked a BB (9930 from Sprint) and my SIM (AT&T) still shows as "security disabled" and it asks for a PIN code, to enable security (8character max) and then a PUK2 code ( to unblock sim card 2)

Sim: disabled
    Network: inactive
    Everything else is disabled.

It shows signal, but cannot make or receive calls, texts etc. I've read where some have said that if it shows as being disabled, its unlocked? I don't understand lol.
    This whole unlocking this has me soo confused
    10-06-12 11:24 AM
    I like to think I tend to move away from the "pissing contests" and have seen a few other unlockers on here that have got my attention because they don't post a link in every answer they do as well. I've wrote a few responses to people asking why they have dragged up a 2 year old thread so they could post a link, but haven't yet had an answer.

"Proper channels" is something that is open to interpretation, but usually people unlock their BlackBerry's using an unlock code. These simply deactivate the network lock on the phone, nothing else. This means that the apps aren't affected, and neither is future firmware updates.

Different unlockers will ask for different pieces of information. All will need the IMEI of the phone (found by typing in *#06# NOT just by using the phones packaging because that one could be wrong) and some will require either the PRD (on the back of the phone) or the MEP (internal in the phone - requires more time). We just ask for the IMEI and the PRD, which is easy for people to find.

If anything is wrong, we then ask for the MEP, which enables us to verify the codes. We basically do it this way to save people time.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Good luck unlocking it.

I purchased a code and sent my info to Richard a few hours ago. I hope I hear back soon. It's getting late.

EDIT: been 7 hours since I heard back on ticket 12872. I am considering purchasing from someone else to get unlocked soon, I have to go out of town. If you read this please help with the matter. Thanks
    Last edited by o. l. t.; 10-09-12 at 06:34 PM.
    10-09-12 02:50 PM
    If you've been a victim of mobileunlocked.co.uk and you'd like to do something about it, then you may file a formal complaint with the FT trade commission at

econsumer.gov - Report Your Complaint - Your site for cross-border complaints.

Of course, there's more to be done. I'll be showing you how to do the rest over the next coming days and all the associations to file complaints with that will investigate the site and owners for deceptive practices.

As well since this is not the only place on the internet they post, I will be getting you all a complete list of every forum and site on the internet they prey on their customers so we can all visit each and every one of them to let people know their business practices if they have prey'd on you.

Stay tuned!

10-09-12 07:33 PM
    Hi,

I just logged on to check how everything was going and have just seen this, which has shocked me to be honest.

I am the person who usually deals with the support queries that come through (Darren) and Richard has been manning the fort for me whilst I've been ill the past two days.

I've gone through the ticket to see what the problem was and can see that you actually entered the wrong IMEI on the order form, with a few of the numbers being different to the one you eventually confirmed for us. We simply cannot offer a refund in this circumstance, which is stated on the site because the correct unlock codes have been sent for the IMEI that you entered. We have then offered a vastly discounted order (which we aren't obliged to do) for the corrected IMEI.

In regards to the email times on the ticket, I can see your first email reached us at 16:29 London time. Richard's first reply was then at 16:47. He then continued to respond to various emails, with the last being replied to at 23:45. I'm unsure what the problem is with that service, and for most people I'm sure that is actually going above and beyond what they would usually expect.

The problem certainly seems to stem from the fact that the IMEI was entered incorrectly initially. We've responded promptly and even out of hours, finally with the offer of a vastly discounted unlock code. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be enough.
    10-10-12 06:21 AM
    Is this the best lie you can come up with? I'm not impressed. It is a disregard for this forum and all it's members to completely fabricate a story to make yourself look like you aren't blatantly stealing from people. I think they can come to their own conclusion that someone who is telling the truth will go to any length to make things right and put the cheat in their place and I'm sure they see the efforts that are about to be made.

PS- I hope you file the proper paperwork for taxes and duty on every transaction you steal from people on because the people at the office in London I spoke to this morning that will be doing the audit on you said they didn't have proper records of your business for your activity.

Time to stop lying and pay the piper........
    10-10-12 12:45 PM
    CrackBerry will not tolerate harassment, threats, or abuse directed to other members, regardless of any perceived justification.

In this case it appears both parties have different opinions about the correct procedure. CrackBerry will not make judgement on who is right in this case, but members are reminded in general to make sure they have submitted correct details for unlock codes, and that they know and understand an unlocker's terms of business.
    10-11-12 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD