Hi All
    My first post so please be kind. Sorry in advance if I have posted in the wrong place. Moderators please relocate and accept my apologies.

OK.

Had enough of the HTC devices and a year ago went for the iPhone on O2 UK...
    Seems I have been missing loads of calls etc etc...
    O2 are aware of the issues and will move the iPhone bolt on to a BB bolt on for me.

Best friend has talked me into a BB. Never ever touched one before.

So I have got one off fleabay locked to Voda, and I am now really confused as to the unlock to use. DM3, IMEI or MFI.

As I understand

DM3 is an in store cable unlock. But sometimes results in browser & other apps not working

IMEI, must be the way service providers unlock.

MFI, looks really risky

Can someone please help me out and shed some light...

Thanking you all in anticipation

Lee
    04-29-09 06:59 AM
    Hey! I cant answer your question..so your probably wondering why im replying.

Need my post count up!
    04-29-09 07:06 AM
    lol

At least you were nice about it
    04-29-09 07:11 AM
    The generally accepted way is by buying the unlock code from one of the online suppliers. Have a search and browse a few unlock threads to find one recommended by a few other users. Safe for the phone and your warranty is OK.

Don't touch MFI - its stolen software downloaded from warez sites so it is potentially very risky indeed, and you can make your pone into a very pretty paperweight if you don't know how to use it. It WILL invalidate your warranty which is a big problem with all the reported defects on Storm.
    04-29-09 07:28 AM
    Hey! I cant answer your question..so your probably wondering why im replying.

Need my post count up!
    Oh so busted!

Please don't make a habit of it or we will start deleting useless messages and reduce your count again. Use bandwidth responsibly.
    04-29-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD