Good Day,
    I have an unlocked storm and i am using with FIDO. No problems at all. The only problem is MMS. i can't send MMS to friends. Any help.

Thanks
    Ali
    10-05-09 01:14 PM
    By 'No problems at all.' I assume you mean that you can browse the internet using Browser, send/receive emails, and all other features of the phone work just fine, yes? If so, and I'm not sure on this one, it might be an issue with service books; try resending those and rebooting the device and see if that gets you going.
    10-05-09 02:34 PM
    Yes that is correct. Everything is working fine. I can browse the internet. Push Email is also working. when i put Rogers SIM i can use my MMS feture but as soon as i put my fido sim i can't send or recieve MMS. I have rebooted my storm many times. And reset the serive books also. What should i do now? Please help me as this probles is a big one.
    10-05-09 08:04 PM
    Try calling 611 and make sure you have the capability to send and receive MMS with your line.

Take a look at this post.
    10-05-09 11:21 PM
    well i do have a data plan and i have the ability to send MMS from my plan its just the problem that i am encountering with FIDO network...any help?
    10-06-09 02:29 AM
    hello, u r running on what OS version?
    10-06-09 04:34 AM
    i am running 4.7.0.148
    10-06-09 12:37 PM
    10-06-09 11:52 PM
    i have used many blackberry's on fido: blackberry storm 9500 current and blackberry javelin along with bold they WILL NOT WORK with mms on fido unless you have a fido blackberry aka crappy *** 8100.
    I heard its something to do with the service books not including them
    sorry bud
    10-07-09 12:05 AM
    Good Day,
    I have an unlocked storm and i am using with FIDO. No problems at all. The only problem is MMS. i can't send MMS to friends. Any help.

Thanks
    Ali
    Greetings,

As I mentioned in the other thread posted above, FIDO will not support a NON-FIDO handset when it comes to MMS. They simply wont send the service books for MMS to the phone. Actually, I am unsure if they can not, or will not.

Currently the onyl Blackberry that will support MMS on FIDO is their 8100 they sell... This implies the capability is there, however the willingness, or the knowledge, is not.

MMS works fine when I swap out to my FIDO dumbphone, but fails immediately after plugging my SIM into my own 9530.

Feel free to email their support / push sutomer support for help (611 from your handset). Perhaps if others complain they will correct this.

I do know that Rogers will support MMS on unlocked non-Rogers Blackberries (tested with my Brother's SIM and my own 9530) which is odd, considering it's all one big beast...

Cheers
    10-07-09 06:55 AM
    True Guys thats the case with me also......called them and they say they can't support a non fido handset.......thats for the post guys.......any new info please share with me.......cheers
    10-08-09 12:05 PM
    10-09-09 06:54 PM
    sounds like from what i read, it's just not possible. not sure if you'll be getting any new updates.
    10-09-09 11:04 PM
    If i were to call fido and say i have their crappy fidoberry and ask for the sevice books to be sent so i can use mms, would my storm receive this service book or are they really handset specific?
    I realise it might be a dumb question but you never know...
    Thanks.
    01-07-10 12:08 AM
    Not necessarily, but it might work.
    01-07-10 12:24 AM
    If i were to call fido and say i have their crappy fidoberry and ask for the sevice books to be sent so i can use mms, would my storm receive this service book or are they really handset specific?
    I realise it might be a dumb question but you never know...
    Thanks.
    You can always try which model do you have?
    01-07-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD