Ok, so i hear a lot about unlocking a curve, and my friend has AT&T (I have Tmo, he has a LG Shine) and i want to put his SIM in mine for a night to see what kinda service i get, now if i unlock it, it won't change anything with Tmo right? I can unlock it, and then it will be exactly the same on Tmo, but will change on ATT? I don't wanna mess up my phone on TMO
    07-13-08 03:26 PM
    UNlocking will not change a thing as far as your normal servie with your provider is concerned.

Unlocking will do 3 things.

- it will allow you use any SIM card you choose and get phone servoce. You will not get a data plan unless you buy one for that phone number.
    - the resale value of your phone will increase should you ever decide to sell it.
    - it will cost you some money to obtain an unlock code unless you can covince your carrier to do it for free - unlikely.
    07-13-08 03:31 PM
    Someone in the T-Mobile CB forums was saying that u can just call TMO and they will give it to u within 24 hours
    07-13-08 03:35 PM
    UNlocking will not change a thing as far as your normal servie with your provider is concerned.

Unlocking will do 3 things.

- it will allow you use any SIM card you choose and get phone servoce. You will not get a data plan unless you buy one for that phone number.
    - the resale value of your phone will increase should you ever decide to sell it.
    - it will cost you some money to obtain an unlock code unless you can covince your carrier to do it for free - unlikely.
    I can't speak for any other carrier, but AT&T gave me the unlock code for my 8310 for FREE right over the phone, and my BB is now UNLOCKED!
    07-13-08 05:41 PM
    i actually just got off the phone with them and they said i have to be a customer for 6 months before they can give me the code, i've only been on since April, so i have to wait till October, o well
    07-13-08 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD