Anyone get/use free unlock code provided by ATT and use another carrier's sim card with it? I just unlocked today with code from ATT. Any good/bad experiences? Anyone use sim cards from outside usa with att unlock code?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 03:45 PM
    ive never had any issues, i normally tell them im going on mission trips for church or some other charity and id say almost everytime they give me the code promptly! I work at a cell phone store and we offer unlocking, however normally it takes about a day to get the codes back, so i offer express unlocking to some customers and just call AT&T using my folks info since they have AT&T and like i said, ive knowticed if i tell them i just need the code they are very reluctant and dont like giving it out ive found if i tell them im at the airport getting ready to bored my flight to mexico or some other foriegn country for religious reasons they tend to have a change of heart and give me the code almost immediately, Yes i know it sounds kind of Dirty, but when dealing with a VERY DIRTY SHADY SLICK company i see it fit to only return the favor lol
    07-19-09 04:28 PM
    ive never had any issues, i normally tell them im going on mission trips for church or some other charity and id say almost everytime they give me the code promptly! I work at a cell phone store and we offer unlocking, however normally it takes about a day to get the codes back, so i offer express unlocking to some customers and just call AT&T using my folks info since they have AT&T and like i said, ive knowticed if i tell them i just need the code they are very reluctant and dont like giving it out ive found if i tell them im at the airport getting ready to bored my flight to mexico or some other foriegn country for religious reasons they tend to have a change of heart and give me the code almost immediately, Yes i know it sounds kind of Dirty, but when dealing with a VERY DIRTY SHADY SLICK company i see it fit to only return the favor lol
    +1 FTW! XD
    07-19-09 04:31 PM
    Told them I was going out of the country on business and they gave it to me right away.
    07-19-09 05:07 PM
    I picked up a cheap AT&T phone on ebay a few days ago for a christmas present. Found out it wasn't unlocked and I wanted to use it on T-mobile for my mother. I don't wanna tell her I got the phone for her, do I need the sim card in the phone to unlock it. and what Info do I need to give to AT&T to get the code.
    11-10-10 11:52 PM
    They have very specific criteria that customers need to meet in order to provide a free unlock code to them. If you qualify, great!

If not, then give us a call and we can unlock it for you
    11-11-10 05:25 PM
    I tried att for unlock codes and they always tried to avoid helping me with it. I don't like to just straight-up lie (that's just me) so I have used 2 reputable unlocking services I found on CB. Was glad to pay the few $ for their service. One service offers code in 5min or less! I have unlocked 5 or so BBs and never waited more than 90 min.

11-11-10 06:25 PM
    Anyone get/use free unlock code provided by ATT and use another carrier's sim card with it? I just unlocked today with code from ATT. Any good/bad experiences? Anyone use sim cards from outside usa with att unlock code?

Unlocking the device does not harm it. As far as using sim cards from outside, you just pop it in and your ready to go.
    11-11-10 09:46 PM
    I'm not paying for something that should just be free, Sorry mate. And Its not lying my mother may some day take a trip over seas. Maybe add that on to the gifts so its good to know that att is willing to unlock for that reason.
    11-11-10 11:35 PM
    Good luck lol

11-11-10 11:37 PM
    I've never had any issues, I normally tell them im going on mission trips for church or some other charity and id say almost every time they give me the code promptly!
    LOL.
    This is so funny.
    rofl.

11-11-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD