I find it impossible to unlock my Pearl when I'm driving without risking an accident. I always have to use both hands to press * plus talk, and we all know how dangerous it is to take your hands off the wheel every time you want to use your phone. Also, it makes no sense that the lock feature is turned off when somebody is calling you. That just means it's probably going to be accidentally answered in your pocket. Are there any solutions to these problems?
    08-23-08 01:01 AM
    I can unlock mine by just pushing the buttons consecutively. It doesn't make me hold them both simultaneously.

Though I don't have an 8120, so my post is probably useless.

Sorry.
    08-23-08 01:34 AM
    I can unlock mine by just pushing the buttons consecutively. It doesn't make me hold them both simultaneously.

Though I don't have an 8120, so my post is probably useless.

Sorry.
    I have an 8130 and I do the same thing.
    08-23-08 01:36 AM
    Pressing the two buttons consecutively works on the 8110 also.

Again, not the 8120. But if it works on both the 8110 and the 8130, similar behavior might be expected on the 8120. Have you tried pressing both consecutively?
    08-23-08 01:37 AM
    Ahhhh wow, you guys are right. I can't believe I didn't try that before....I just always thought the buttons had to be pressed simultaneously. Still, I'm gonna stick with standby mode when I don't want my keys to be pressed. I've heard too many people saying they accidentally dialed 911 when their keys were locked.
    08-23-08 01:41 AM
    Have you tried to use the Standby Mode instead of the keyboard lock? The it is just the one button to push at the top the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 01:42 AM
    Yeah I was going to say, I have the 8120 and you can just press them consecutively
    09-07-08 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD