Hi Everyone

I'm sorry if I have put this thread in the wrong section.

I was given a Blackberry curve which used to belong to my boyfriends work colleague, he had it as a works phone. I have had it unblocked and using it on O2. I have tried to set my email up but when I go onto setup wizard it only gives me the " I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server". I have rang O2 and they have said the only thing I can do is get in contact with Blackberry and ask them to take it off. Is this correct? and has anyone else had to do this please?

many thanks

Lane
    03-20-12 08:26 AM
    As it was on a BES server you will more than likely need to remove the IT policy from it - follow the instructions here. The IT policy could restrict you from installing apps etc.

Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? You will need one in order to use push email, bbm etc. You will need to contact O2 to see what options they offer. Once you are setup with BIS the option to setup a personal email address will appear.
    03-20-12 10:39 AM
    I think you should post it in the forum of your Blackberry model, you will get much more help there... and also try to use the search.. you will find many posts about related issues.
    Welcome to crackberry.
    03-20-12 12:19 PM
    Actually, it sounds like you might not have the right data plan provisioned. If you do not have a Blackberry Data Plan, you will need to call O2 to get it provisioned
    03-25-12 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD