Hi there,
    Iv got a usedBlackberry curve from my brother in America when I went visiting earlier this year - and he's no use with this problem.

When I got back to the UK I unlocked it from T-mobile to use with O2, hoping I could use it with my o2 pay as you go sim. The basics work ie-phone calls, texts even wi-fi but cant get it to send pics or register with o2's blackberry email thing.

Sorry if this is all a bit simple, but im a bit lost with this! I tried registering it but the site told me to goto the host table bit on my options menu an send a message to the isp provider, it cam up 'message sent' but nothings in that table and im reading that il need to get a BB plan or something.

I take it its not possible to have a fully working BB on pay as you go? Should I wipe the BB altogether?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated!!

Sorry for being a dope!

Vala
    11-01-09 06:56 AM
    Check with your provider of your pay as you go plan. You have to have a bis and those plans (I have heard) don't work with BIS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:46 AM
    Without a BIS plan it will not work I'm sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 08:52 PM
    you cant have it fully working with push email and bbmessenger and that stuff, usually. but you can do a workaround so internet stuff works still through the mobile network, even though you are on prepay.

get hold of your operators apn details. go to "options->advanced->tcp" and enter the details. o2 should have something the same. check here: GPRS Connectivity - Information and UK Settings (note the pay and go option under the o2 heading)

now you can use either bolt or opera mini as a browser on the mobile network. the blackberry browser would only work on wifi I guess.
    for email I use "logic mail", it's a pop/imap client that can have both direct tcp connections through the cell network and wifi. it's free and can be found in the free apps directory here at crackberry. you can also use the gmail app if you have an account with them.

ubertwitter also works through direct tcp without a bis/bes if you set it up correctly.

pm me if you need more help. I use this setup successfully in both norway and nz with only prepay. note, it may cost a bit to use data on prepay, but if you need it you have the option. I mostly use it via wifi, and save on the ridiculously expensive bis contracts here.
    11-01-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD