All,

I have a few questions regarding unlocked BB's bought off of Ebay. I would appreciate any experiences you may have had. I'm currently with AT&T, but I want to get a Storm2 for me and my wife, but we are still under contract so I want to get an unlocked one from Ebay. I have seen several ads out there for the phones, but what I'm curious about is, are these phones completely unlocked? Will I be able to use every feature? Has anyone out there in the Crackberry Nation bought an unlocked phone online and had issues with it? I would be happy to hear any advice from yall out there.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    11-22-09 12:04 PM
    I have bought two unlocked BlackBerrys from eBay. I was careful and asked the seller in both occasions to provide a picture of the screen when one inputs MEPD in SIM Card options under Advanced Option. This will determine a) if it is a real BlackBerry and b) if the unlock was done properly. If the PIN of the device is unused, then yes it will work with you carrier. Ask about the PIN and look elsewhere if the seller is not willing to communicate or clueless. Always beware. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:30 PM
    Unlocked phones always cost more. You'd be better off buying a locked unit and
    then paying the small (usually less than $20) and unlock it yourself.
    11-22-09 01:01 PM
    Unlocked phones always cost more. You'd be better off buying a locked unit and
    then paying the small (usually less than $20) and unlock it yourself.
    Is unlocking as simple as putting in the unlock code from the carrier? Or is there anything more in-depth to assure all functionalities work? Because you are right, if it's as simple as that, I could save money not just on the devices, but on shipping and have the device the day I decide to purchase it.
    11-22-09 01:28 PM
    Is unlocking as simple as putting in the unlock code from the carrier? Or is there anything more in-depth to assure all functionalities work? Because you are right, if it's as simple as that, I could save money not just on the devices, but on shipping and have the device the day I decide to purchase it.
    Unlocked devices fare more value, so if you can get a locked one fore considerably cheap why not? We provides those codes daily and usually within minutes and at fairly reasonable rates.
    11-23-09 04:41 PM
    Unlocked devices fare more value, so if you can get a locked one fore considerably cheap why not? We provides those codes daily and usually within minutes and at fairly reasonable rates.
    But is it as simple as putting in the code? Because theoretically, if I purchase it outright from Verizon, wouldn't it be fairly easy for me to get a code from them?
    11-23-09 07:10 PM
    Not really they only release a code if you have a account with them and it is in good standing.
    11-23-09 07:13 PM
    But is it as simple as putting in the code? Because theoretically, if I purchase it outright from Verizon, wouldn't it be fairly easy for me to get a code from them?
    Yes, entering the code should not take more than a minute. Verizon would not give you the code if you don't have an account with them That's why us unlockers are here, to help you unlock your Blackberry.
    11-23-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD