10-30-11 03:02 PM
39 12
tools
    I wanted to know if you unlock your phone will it void your warranty with Rogers?
    01-30-09 09:33 AM
    Its a 100% yes.
    01-30-09 10:08 AM
    NO

i mean yes.
    01-30-09 11:44 AM
    Can you lock an unlocked phone?

My Curve is pretty new but I want to use it in China. So I want it unlocked, but when I get home I want to lock it again for warranty purposes.

Has anyone done this before?
    01-30-09 03:08 PM
    Thank you everyone for the information!!! How long is the warranty on a phone (I have a Bold)?
    01-30-09 04:13 PM
    Unlocking does not void warranty for blackberries.

1 Yr warranty for Bold.
    01-31-09 12:28 PM
    Can you lock an unlocked phone?

Has anyone done this before?
    YES

then

NO
    01-31-09 01:42 PM

1 Yr warranty for Bold.
    UNLOCKING does void the warranty of the phone. Phone will not be touched if its unlocked.
    01-31-09 03:23 PM

1 Yr warranty for Bold.
    I think you mean blueberry :P
    http://crackberry.com/bawahahahahhah...lueberry-l900i
    01-31-09 03:29 PM
    Thank you everyone for your response. I think I will go with what the Rogers authorized dealers say.

So once the warranty is up after a 1 yr it does not matter if it is unlocked or not for repair purposes?
    01-31-09 06:30 PM
    I'm a rogers & Fido authorized dealer...

I've unlocked my bold and did a warranty swap, no questions asked
    01-31-09 06:48 PM
    UNLOCKING does void the warranty of the phone. Phone will not be touched if its unlocked.

I mean Blackberry, not other Nokia/SE/Samsung phones, of course if you unlock those phones warranty will be voided
    01-31-09 06:49 PM
    It all depends on the method used.

If you unlock via cable then.... maybe.

If you are doing a direct unlock, you are modifying the EEPROM on the handset and this will void your warranty. This method is very much frowned on by the carriers & manufactures.

If you are doing a code read, then this isn't a problem.

If you unlock it by code, the you are fine also. They are not aware if this code came from an unlocking site, BlackBerry or your carrier.

We have never heard of anyone that has been refused their warranty because of unlocking by code. However, it may have happened and we just haven't heard about it.

If you wish to unlock it, we will provide the code free for you!
    free unlock code??????
    01-31-09 10:03 PM
    free unlock code??????

ya he said free.
    01-31-09 11:45 PM
    Thank you everyone for your response. I think I will go with what the Rogers authorized dealers say.

So once the warranty is up after a 1 yr it does not matter if it is unlocked or not for repair purposes?
    Yeah, once the one year warrenty is done, rogers wont touch the phone so you may unlock or do whatever you like
    02-01-09 11:00 AM
    With the Bold, unlocking it is a irreversible event...I know with the iphones it can be done no problem.
    02-01-09 11:04 AM
    So I am also looking to unlock my bold, for when I travel. I just got my phone a month ago and would not want to void the 1 year warranty that comes with the phone. So will I be safe unlocking my bold and not void anything? I am currently on Rogers in Canada. I just really dont wanna be refused my 1 year warranty. Also what can be don with the IMEI number, am I sagfe to just give it out?

Thanks
    02-01-09 05:27 PM
    So I am also looking to unlock my bold, for when I travel. I just got my phone a month ago and would not want to void the 1 year warranty that comes with the phone. So will I be safe unlocking my bold and not void anything? I am currently on Rogers in Canada. I just really dont wanna be refused my 1 year warranty. Also what can be don with the IMEI number, am I sagfe to just give it out?

Thanks
    If you unlock your bold its unlocked for good. You cant lock it back up like the iphone and the warrantly will be void. I wouldnt give out your IMEI lol. Why are you giving it out?
    02-05-09 09:56 AM
    I was told by a rogers tech dept guy that I can unlock it and as long as the problem doesn't happen because of the "unlocking" that my warrenty is still good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:59 AM
    Blackberries can be unlocked and will not void the warranty. Just Blackberry.
    02-05-09 03:43 PM
    Ok, thats the case go for it lol....
    02-07-09 11:32 AM
    yes it voids warranty
    02-12-09 08:24 PM
    taste great!, less filling!
    02-12-09 08:34 PM
    If i buy a T Mobile phone and unlock it for att (Bold 9780) who will warranty it? ATT? or T Mobile?
    12-20-10 05:55 PM
    If i buy a T Mobile phone and unlock it for att (Bold 9780) who will warranty it? ATT? or T Mobile?
    At&t has nothing to do with the phone. Once unlocked Tmobile will still cover your phone with it's warranty
    12-20-10 06:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD