I have a Bold 9000 that is two weeks old that I purchased from att for full price. (This is my 7th or 8th blackberry and the the last 5 I have had unlocked. I am on a legacy North American plan as I work 1/2 my time in Canada and the other 1/2 in the U.S.)
    A week after ATT unlocked the phone the f, j,k delete and send keys have stopped working - no water or mechanical damage to the phone?

ATT is refusing to do anything for me because they unlocked the phone (i'm out $590.00)
    10-28-09 01:33 PM
    Unlocking the phone simply makes it usable in other countries (using a sim card from another carrier). It has nothing to do with the keyboard.
    10-28-09 01:36 PM
    update or reinsatll your OS should fix that. Remember Backup first.
    10-28-09 05:03 PM
    I reinstalled the OS and the keys continue to not work. Anymore ideas?
    10-29-09 03:33 PM
    I am assuming you've pulled the battery already then as well....
    Try replacing the keyboard.
    10-29-09 03:42 PM
    Go to your nearest warranty replacement center and have them swap it out. Even if you go to a local att corp retail store they should exchange it for you since it is within the 30 days remorse period.
    10-29-09 04:35 PM
    If you bought the phone from AT&T to use on AT&T, why did you unlock it?
    10-29-09 04:38 PM
    More importantly..if they unlocked it, then shouldnt their service be covered under their own warranty??
    10-29-09 06:23 PM
    Easy if u paid with a credit card or debt card. Call them to see if u can fight it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 03:01 AM
    ATT will not do anything for you if you have it unlocked by them. It does not say that anywhere on their materials but they refuse to take back the phone either at the att store I purchased from or from phone support.

I purchased the phone with my American Express card and have informed them that I am contesting the charge.

It is pure stupidity on ATT's part. I have 5 phones on their network. As soon as those contracts are up I am going to move to other providers. My monthly BB bill in itself runs $300 a month.

If I'm willing to pay them full cost for the phone with a big fat sales margin in it for them it makes zero sense to me why they behave so irrationally.
    Last edited by DisgruntledUser; 10-30-09 at 10:00 AM.
    10-30-09 09:51 AM
    I have a legacy North American plan that they wont sell me anymore but will continue to honor the rates provided I supply my own unlocked phone.

About half of my time is spent in the US the other 1/2 in Canada. Any ideas about how to get a reasonable rate plan would be appreciated.
    10-30-09 09:53 AM
    Don't think you will find one that is reasonable enough to the one you currently have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD