Okay, so you want a BB Storm 2 from Verizon on AT&T or T-Mobile, and so you get one and unlock it--as an example-- and now you're using it on a different frequency and and different band. It can do it, but it was meant to be on CDMA not GSM and you're using it on GSM. Does this shorten the phone's lifespan (not battery lifespan, phone lifespan) because you're using it on a different freq. and band? I understand you'd be using it on a different band and freq. if you traveled to a foreign country, but chances are you wouldn't be there long and then you'd be back to using it on the band and freq. it was meant for. I guess what I am asking is obvious. Any negative effects to the phone with prolonged usage on a different band and freq.? I am not new to the idea of unlocked phones; I've known they've been around for quite some time, but I've never used one myself, and I'd like to know everything I can about the subject before I consider getting a phone and unlocking it.
    11-09-09 11:20 PM
    Nope, no effect whatsoever.

Doug
    11-09-09 11:29 PM
    Nope, no effect whatsoever.

Doug
    Cool. Thank you.
    11-10-09 12:30 AM
    It can do it, but it was meant to be on CDMA not GSM and you're using it on GSM.
    It WAS meant to be used on GSM as well as CDMA, as it has both radios installed. There will be no effect on device lifespan by using the gsm bands instead of the cdma bands.
    06-10-10 08:23 AM
    Doesn't affect the device in either way possible.
    06-11-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD