I won a free one but haven't used it yet.
    Was thinking about just keeping it for whenever I upgrade to the next model and sell my current one.
    Would the code still work down the line?
    thanks
    12-30-09 12:34 PM
    You should probably ask the company that you won it from.

The coupon codes that we have provided in the past usually have a very long expiry date...some other company's policies are different
    12-30-09 01:35 PM
    Yes I would inquire with that company there really isn't a universal answer.
    12-30-09 02:25 PM
    I won a free one but haven't used it yet.
    Was thinking about just keeping it for whenever I upgrade to the next model and sell my current one.
    Would the code still work down the line?
    thanks
    If you won the code from us, they don't expire. If you won it from another vendor would be best to ask them.
    12-30-09 04:05 PM
    Sweet - I did win it from you guys just 2 weeks ago in your contest.
    Thanks again.

The only reason I hesitate to unlock it is that someone I trust told me that unlocking my BB would/could cause my caller ID to stop working.
    I'm on Cincinnati Bell Wireless. Not sure if their network would be different in this regard or not - he made it sound like they had some unique quirks like that compared to the national carriers.
    12-31-09 09:19 AM
    unlocking your device will not create any caller id issues that i am aware of..i have all my blackberries unlocked. and just won a unlock code as well. thanks cellunlock, and assure you that you will not have issues. if you do not need your device unlocked and arent planning to use any prepay or international sim cards and are hesitant you can always allow a friend who may need a phone unlocked to be able to get the unlock code. hope this helps. cheers and congrats
    12-31-09 09:22 AM
    Caller ID is not affected by unlocking your device. Unlocking does one thing and one thing only allow you to use other gsm networks.
    12-31-09 11:07 AM
    I haven't used a BB in the past couple of years and I'm wondering if something has changed? What is the deal with unlock codes? When I had my BB, I just called ATT and asked for the code. Since I'd been a customer for awhile, they gave it to me without any problems or cost.
    12-31-09 12:18 PM
    Nothing same ol same ol nothing has changed. Just not everyone meets the carriers requirements to be able to obtain one for free.
    12-31-09 12:38 PM
    Nothing same ol same ol nothing has changed. Just not everyone meets the carriers requirements to be able to obtain one for free.
    I see. That makes sense. thanks for the clarification.
    12-31-09 01:31 PM
    Sweet - I did win it from you guys just 2 weeks ago in your contest.
    Thanks again.

The only reason I hesitate to unlock it is that someone I trust told me that unlocking my BB would/could cause my caller ID to stop working.
    I'm on Cincinnati Bell Wireless. Not sure if their network would be different in this regard or not - he made it sound like they had some unique quirks like that compared to the national carriers.
    You're welcome! Don't worry, unlocking the phone will not affect any features of the phone.
    12-31-09 01:36 PM
    thanks again, I will try the code and unlock it this weekend
    12-31-09 02:02 PM
    I also have Cincinnati Bell Wireless, and have unlocked plenty of their phones,and i can tell you that unlocking doesn't affect any of the phones functionality, just makes it usable with other sim cards, Oh and Cincy Bell will never give out an unlock code,ive been with them for 7 years and they still give me the run around, so i just pay for my codes, they usually are pretty reasonable.
    01-01-10 10:22 PM
    codes do not expire. Once your phone its unlocked its unlocked forever. CODES will not expire
    01-02-10 12:23 AM
    Not what he was talking about lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 12:24 AM
    thanks again, I will try the code and unlock it this weekend
    You're very welcome, let us know if you need help unlocking your phone.
    01-02-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD