Just a question.

I realize that in order to get an unlocked code you need the IMEI number. I was just wondering if each phone is designated only ONE code for each IMEI.

Is it possible for IMEI to have different unlock codes? --- Reason why is, if I bought a code from someone online, if I were to buy the code using the same IMEI, would the unlock code given to me by the second seller be the same as the first seller?

Thanks!
    09-02-10 12:31 AM
    The code should be identical. And yes there is only 1 unlock code per IMEI. If you did what you asked and got 2 different codes either you provided an incorrect code or the unlocker copy and pasted it wrong. Not entirely impossible but unlikely.
    09-02-10 05:12 AM
    The unlock code is unique to the IMEI so only one.
    09-02-10 05:25 AM
    Thanks guys. Maybe you guys can help me out on one more thing then since I now know that answer.

So I entered the unlock code and everything but this phone will not accept my Fido sim card. It's originally a Rogers phone. Is there a reason why the phone doesn't work to make calls and texts when I unlocked it already? Thanks again.
    09-02-10 06:33 PM
    Thanks guys. Maybe you guys can help me out on one more thing then since I now know that answer.

So I entered the unlock code and everything but this phone will not accept my Fido sim card. It's originally a Rogers phone. Is there a reason why the phone doesn't work to make calls and texts when I unlocked it already? Thanks again.
    Should accept the SIM if the phone is unlocked. What message do you get when you try to use a Fido SIM and which phone is it?
    09-03-10 11:05 PM
    Just a question.

I realize that in order to get an unlocked code you need the IMEI number. I was just wondering if each phone is designated only ONE code for each IMEI.

Is it possible for IMEI to have different unlock codes? --- Reason why is, if I bought a code from someone online, if I were to buy the code using the same IMEI, would the unlock code given to me by the second seller be the same as the first seller?

Thanks!

Each IMEI has only one unlock code.
    09-03-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD