I got a Blackberry phone from a friend. It is the Tour 9630 for Bell. I am using fido as my carrier with an iphone. Can I unlock my Tour for it to work with Fido?

Also, the reason I took the blackberry was to be with Bell anyway but I won't go with Bell for another month and half, would i still be able to use Bell after I unlock?

Here is what it says when i type MEPD on Sim card screen

Sim: Disabled
    Network: Active
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

One last thing, the phone shows my friends number, even though everything was wiped on the phone, why is that? When i unlock it and put in my fido sim card would it still show my friends number or my number?

The phone is Blackberry Tour 9630 CDMA from Bell. Fido uses sim cards
    Last edited by theMilesP; 10-10-10 at 11:51 PM. Reason: `
    10-10-10 11:50 PM
    The phone will ALWAYS show the friends phone number until it is reprogrammed otherwise. As for unlocking it, there are many reputable companies here at CB that will do it for a small fee, just visit the appropriate forum and ask away.
    10-10-10 11:52 PM
    The phone will ALWAYS show the friends phone number until it is reprogrammed otherwise. As for unlocking it, there are many reputable companies here at CB that will do it for a small fee, just visit the appropriate forum and ask away.
    how do you reprogram it?
    10-11-10 12:18 AM
    You will need the unlock code and the msl code in order to change the number to appears. Will it affect the phone if you dont change the number? No.
    10-11-10 12:40 AM
    You will need the unlock code and the msl code in order to change the number to appears. Will it affect the phone if you dont change the number? No.
    so if i purchase the unlock and the msl code from you, would i be able to use the blackberry for fido?
    10-11-10 12:49 AM
    Yes, but you really don't need the msl code
    10-11-10 12:51 AM
    Yes, but you really don't need the msl code
    how much will you charge?
    10-11-10 01:04 AM
    how much will you charge?
    Pricing is available on our site and you can use the coupon code "cbpromo50" for 50% off.
    10-11-10 01:05 AM
    Pricing is available on our site and you can use the coupon code "cbpromo50" for 50% off.
    Error: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

also it says: NOTE: CDMA devices with NO SIM Card slot are not unlockable. iDen Devices are not unlockable.

my bb tour is CDMA
    10-11-10 01:12 AM
    Whatever it says in signature not on pc. Tour is actually a CDMA/GSM device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 01:14 AM
    Whatever it says in signature not on pc. Tour is actually a CDMA/GSM device.

there is something wrong with your website. It does not let me apply the coupon.
    10-11-10 01:22 AM
    Pretty sure it works. I just used it. You have to go all the way to the end for the discount to show up.

10-11-10 01:27 AM
    Let us know if you need any help
    10-12-10 12:02 AM
    us as well we can help you unlock your phone asap if you like. no discount codes but were cheap!. good luck!
    10-19-10 05:50 PM
    so if i purchase the unlock and the msl code from you, would i be able to use the blackberry for fido?
    Yes you can use a 9630 unlocked on Fido, you just won't get 3G.
    10-19-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD