I have 2 Blackberrys. The 9530 is on Vodafone & the 8320 is on Orange.
    My Question is, Do I have to pay any of these company's for the Code to unlock these phones or do they Have to give me the Code.Both phones are not on any Contracts.

Any help very welcome.
    11-20-09 04:47 PM
    Ask your carrier(s). I know TMOBILE in the states gives them away. Not sure about Europe..
    11-20-09 10:34 PM
    I have 2 Blackberrys. The 9530 is on Vodafone & the 8320 is on Orange.
    My Question is, Do I have to pay any of these company's for the Code to unlock these phones or do they Have to give me the Code.Both phones are not on any Contracts.

Any help very welcome.
    You will need to have accounts with them or they won't give you the code. You can always buy them from unlockers like ourselves.
    11-20-09 11:41 PM
    Every carrier has different policies, you should call and find out and if you do not meet them then buy them from any one of us.
    11-21-09 12:34 AM
    Often unlocking companies will run contests here at CB giving away a number of codes. Plus most will give you a discount when you mention Crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 12:37 AM
    Often unlocking companies will run contests here at CB giving away a number of codes. Plus most will give you a discount when you mention Crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So what is a fair price for Both Codes ?
    11-21-09 03:22 AM
    Whatever you deem fair. Prices have many factors involved such as carrier, device, speed, delivery method and service. Were all good it is up to the consumer to take their time and make a uniformed decision.
    11-21-09 10:12 AM
    Whatever you deem fair. Prices have many factors involved such as carrier, device, speed, delivery method and service. Were all good it is up to the consumer to take their time and make a uniformed decision.
    In truth, Most buyers want the Cheapest deal so long as the phone still continues to do what it's supposed to do.I've been quoted 10 for each phone & I think that's a little pricey.I'll contact Vodafone & Orange & ask them for the codes & If they say No to giving me the codes then the 10 may look cheap again

I would think the Vodafone & Orange should have to give me the codes as the phones are not in any Contract & it's legally my phones.
    11-22-09 02:55 AM
    I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I have a Tour I just bought a month ago and it sucks **** ( my opinion) I am going to give it to my sister who has TMobile. Can you tell me after purchasing the un lock thing what happens? What exactly is an unlocking does the phone still work the same way? I would like to have it to her by the end of next week so this is possible I am assuming? Thanks in advance, and something tells me I am going to be sent to another thread.
    11-22-09 03:17 AM
    In truth, Most buyers want the Cheapest deal so long as the phone still continues to do what it's supposed to do.I've been quoted 10 for each phone & I think that's a little pricey.I'll contact Vodafone & Orange & ask them for the codes & If they say No to giving me the codes then the 10 may look cheap again

I would think the Vodafone & Orange should have to give me the codes as the phones are not in any Contract & it's legally my phones.
    Technically not their phones, they are RIM's. Dunno how much 10 is in US, ,but I bet its more than we charge. Anywho contact us via PM or via our site and maybe we can work out a deal for you.

I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I have a Tour I just bought a month ago and it sucks **** ( my opinion) I am going to give it to my sister who has TMobile. Can you tell me after purchasing the un lock thing what happens? What exactly is an unlocking does the phone still work the same way? I would like to have it to her by the end of next week so this is possible I am assuming? Thanks in advance, and something tells me I am going to be sent to another thread.
    We don't always approve thread hi-jacking, but it's all good. I can answer your question as well. The unlock code will lift the carrier restriction on it and allow it to be used on any GSM network. Everything will work the same including internet and email if she adds the BIS/BES plan to her account.
    11-22-09 10:24 AM

Absolutely normal to want to pay the lowest price possible. Price will depend on provider the on which the phone is locked to and if the phones have New Security or not. I'm pretty sure we can offer you a better deal than what you were quoted. Let us know if it doesn't work out by calling the carriers.
    11-22-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD