I had my Verizon Tour unlocked a few weeks ago before my recent trip to the UK. Now that I am here, I am wanting to use my boyfriend's spare O2 sim in my blackberry. This sim has the O2 Unlimited Web bolt-on.

We have put the SIM in the Blackberry and it seems to be working okay voice and text. We cannot manage to get any connection to apps like Yahoo, or Facebook. Also, as soon as we restarted my phone with the O2 sim in it, the icon for Blackberry Browser disappeared and we cannot seem to find it.

The phone does say that it has GPRS signal.

Does anyone else have experience using a Verizon Blackberry on O2's network? We're a bit baffled as to why this isn't working.

Thanks!
    Brittany
    01-20-10 12:02 AM
    Im trying to find out some of this technical data myself. Here is whats happening with your tour. The Carrier you are with (O2) uses a frequency for data that your phone can not access because your phone is set to use a specific frequency for data. As far as i know, that can't be changed. If anyone knows of any Carriers in the UK that utilizes 1700 for data, PLEASE let me know!!!!
    01-21-10 09:08 AM
    I'm wondering if, since Verizon and Vodafone work together, my pure Vodafone SIM would work with data? When I first got the Tour, I was provided with a half Verizon/half Vodafone SIM, so this makes me think that a Verizon phone COULD work on Vodafone's network?

Any ideas?
    01-21-10 07:45 PM
    I had my Verizon Tour unlocked a few weeks ago before my recent trip to the UK. Now that I am here, I am wanting to use my boyfriend's spare O2 sim in my blackberry. This sim has the O2 Unlimited Web bolt-on.

We have put the SIM in the Blackberry and it seems to be working okay voice and text. We cannot manage to get any connection to apps like Yahoo, or Facebook. Also, as soon as we restarted my phone with the O2 sim in it, the icon for Blackberry Browser disappeared and we cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone else have experience using a Verizon Blackberry on O2's network? We're a bit baffled as to why this isn't working.

Thanks!
    Brittany
    Try going to Options/Mobile Network and change Technology to GSM/UMTS and then select 2G. Also make sure the O2 SIM card has a Blackberry Data Plan.
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-21-10 at 09:55 PM.
    01-21-10 09:47 PM
    This sim has the O2 Unlimited Web bolt-on.

According to your post, I assume that your O2 SIM Card doesn't have BlackBerry Data.

If it does then you should see EDGE instead.

Hope this help.
    01-21-10 09:52 PM

Thanks!
    Brittany
    Hey Brittany,

Sounds like you need to have your service books redirected. The easiest way is to call O2 and ask them to do it for you manually so all you have to do is talk to them. If the code was accepted, normally all you need to do is go to manage connections --> mobile network options --> change it to GSM/UMTS and possibly to change it to 2G instead of 3G.

If that didn't work, try to run through your Blackberry e-mail set up and have the service books redirected to your Verizon Tour.

Good luck!
    01-21-10 11:49 PM
    ok i have a question, I have a sprint tour 9630, I tried my friend's AT&T sim card in my phone and set it to gsm, and made a outgoing call and it worked so it means that the phone is unlocked to domestic sims. However, does that means its unlocked for sims around the world????????
    02-02-10 07:09 PM
    ok i have a question, I have a sprint tour 9630, I tried my friend's AT&T sim card in my phone and set it to gsm, and made a outgoing call and it worked so it means that the phone is unlocked to domestic sims. However, does that means its unlocked for sims around the world????????
    Yes that's correct. Most Sprint Tours are shipped unlocked. In your case you will be able to use it with most GSM Networks worldwide.
    02-02-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD