Just started a new contract with Sprint a couple days ago and I wanted to get my phone unlocked. well I was looking around in sim card options and everything says DISABLED already. Does this mean my brand new phone already came unlocked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 08:28 AM
    Not unless you entered alt MEPD and you saw the entire list of options.

Look for instructions in the unlocking forums here, I can't remember offhand how to know for sure.
    03-08-10 08:47 AM
    Just started a new contract with Sprint a couple days ago and I wanted to get my phone unlocked. well I was looking around in sim card options and everything says DISABLED already. Does this mean my brand new phone already came unlocked?

yes, Sprint phones already come unlocked. no need to get a code or anything.

Verizon phones do not come unlocked, you would just have to call and get a code, but for Sprint, they come unlocked already
    03-08-10 08:49 AM
    I figured, thanks a lot.

03-08-10 09:01 AM
    Good info mjbesen, thanks. Maybe the mods can put it in a FAQ here if it's not already.
    03-08-10 09:09 AM

Yes it is most new Sprint Tours come unlocked already.
    03-08-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD