Ok, so I bought an unlocked Bold 9700 ( Rogers branded ). I made sure it was unlocked, I tried a sim card that was not a Rogers one.

Now, I updated my phone with the blackberry desktop manager, does it lock my device ? I can't know by myself because I still have no service on my phone.
    10-24-10 07:17 PM
    No, updating your OS did not relock your phone. There is nothing a user can do that will inadvertently lock an unlocked phone.
    10-24-10 08:19 PM
    Ok, so I bought an unlocked Bold 9700 ( Rogers branded ). I made sure it was unlocked, I tried a sim card that was not a Rogers one.

Now, I updated my phone with the blackberry desktop manager, does it lock my device ? I can't know by myself because I still have no service on my phone.

You won't have an issue. try re-starting the phone and putting your sim card back in again.
    10-24-10 08:45 PM

Don't worry. As mentioned above, Blackberry Unlocking is permanent. Your Blackberry will never relock, even if you upgrade/downgrade the OS or reset the phone.
    10-24-10 10:19 PM
    That's the beauty of unlocking your phone. It will stay locked forever.
    10-27-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD