Here is the situation i purchased a 9530 blackberry storm off ebay (about 5 months ago) received cell phone and everything worked just fine. But i recently received a iPhone 3GS from my girlfriend, so i decided to sell the storm on ebay & craigslist. I look on site to find out how to wipe memory and did so. My question now is did i wipe out Unlock code that was in phone? WTS on site also but don't have enough post to do so......thats kinda crazy.
    07-09-09 10:44 AM
    I just did a wipe handheld on my unlocked Storm yesterday. Unlock code was still intact.
    07-09-09 10:50 AM
    ok, but did u wipeout 3rd party downloads too?
    07-09-09 10:53 AM
    every time you do a wipe you will remove all your storm's data including 3 rd party apps.
    07-09-09 10:55 AM
    Ok so recap I have nothing to worry about the phone is still unlocked for AT&T wireless service. So I call sell it as an unlocked phone online.....Cool!!! Anybody in need of a unlocked storm...... Other question why so many post just to sell an item.....i really would like to sell item?
    07-09-09 11:07 AM
    Pretty sure the high number of posts required is to prove that you're a real person who'll be around for a while in case of any issues with the sale of the phone.
    07-09-09 11:10 AM
    Ok so recap I have nothing to worry about the phone is still unlocked for AT&T wireless service. So I call sell it as an unlocked phone online.....Cool!!! Anybody in need of a unlocked storm...... Other question why so many post just to sell an item.....i really would like to sell item?
    Yes you can sell you storm as an unlocked and be ready to be used to any carrier.
    07-09-09 11:12 AM
    thanks guys...... i have only 60 more post to go I'm sure to sell it hopefully some time soon...... thanks a million... PM if interested in the Storm or know someone in the market for a storm
    07-09-09 11:22 AM
    My bag i have 93 more post to go.....that suks
    07-09-09 11:23 AM
    every time you do a wipe you will remove all your storm's data including 3 rd party apps.
    Not true. When you go to wipe it, there will be a checkbox that asks to include all third party apps. You can leave that unchecked.
    Last edited by llckll; 07-09-09 at 11:29 AM.
    07-09-09 11:26 AM
    Not true. When you go to wipe it, there will be a checkbox that asks to include all third party apps. You can leave that unchecked.
    i dont think so....

i think they are talking about wiping the phone completely with JL Commander or whatever it is

if thats the case, then you cant retain anything... excpet the unlock code
    07-09-09 11:38 AM
    i dont think so....

i think they are talking about wiping the phone completely with JL Commander or whatever it is

if thats the case, then you cant retain anything... excpet the unlock code
    I suppose the OP didn't really specify the method.
    07-09-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD