i just bought an att 8900 but it contains a device lock code. now i have the mep unlock code but i need the device code which i thought it was 000000. any help? i tried wiping the device using bbsak but its asking me for the device code
    10-17-09 03:32 PM
    What are you trying to open up when the device is asking you for this code???
    10-17-09 03:39 PM
    i want to enter the unlock code for the sim. but it has a device code so i can access the phone
    10-17-09 03:43 PM
    There is no lock code set on the device when you buy it... are you saying there is a lock code on the SIM card???
    10-17-09 03:50 PM
    no. i entered the wrong code 10 times but i got the phone working now since it did a device wipe. i got in thought thanks
    10-17-09 03:59 PM
    Ya, that's what I would have said next... 10 times and it wipes your device... but your BB is operational again... initially there is not lock code... you have to turn it on and then it asks you for a code and has you repeat it before it sets the code.
    10-17-09 04:03 PM
    You bought a used phone, right? I hope the PIN has been released from the original owner or you are going to have issues.
    10-17-09 04:30 PM
    You bought a used phone, right? I hope the PIN has been released from the original owner or you are going to have issues.
    ? u got me there. what do u mean by pin released? i got the phone unlocked so i can use it with tmobile now.
    10-17-09 05:12 PM
    What they probably meant was if you buy a used BB and the previous owner had it registered it could still be registered on their BIS server, which will not allow you to register it with your provider.

Have you registered your BB with your provider yet? Setup email, etc? If you have you are ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD