So I've received a Blackberry Tour from Sprint and would like to use a T-mobile sim card with it. I called Sprint to try to unlock the phone and after going through the advanced options they told me that it already is unlocked. However, I am still unable to use my T-mobile sim. It tells me there is a sim error if I put the card in and it just continues to work with the Sprint number even when the sim card isn't inside. Wondering if someone can please help me and give me advice with what to do next. Thanks!
    10-23-09 10:23 PM
    If I'm correct, the T-Mobile an AT&T networks work on a GSM frequency 50 MHZ different than the GSM frequency that the Tour is unlocked to work on (the European standard.) I'm under the impression that you won't be able to use it on U.S. GSM carriers. Can anyone else affirm or refute this?
    10-23-09 11:01 PM
    Check the threads here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 11:08 PM
    So I've received a Blackberry Tour from Sprint and would like to use a T-mobile sim card with it. I called Sprint to try to unlock the phone and after going through the advanced options they told me that it already is unlocked. However, I am still unable to use my T-mobile sim. It tells me there is a sim error if I put the card in and it just continues to work with the Sprint number even when the sim card isn't inside. Wondering if someone can please help me and give me advice with what to do next. Thanks!
    Could there be a problem with the SIM card itself? Is it damaged? Also, make sure you switch to GSM/UMTS under "Network Technology" (Manage Connections-->Mobile Network Options). It sounds like you didn't do that because when you change it to GSM, your Sprint service should stop working until you switch it back.
    10-23-09 11:15 PM
    hey still have the same problem help me too....please so desperate now!
    10-23-09 11:16 PM
    If I'm correct, the T-Mobile an AT&T networks work on a GSM frequency 50 MHZ different than the GSM frequency that the Tour is unlocked to work on (the European standard.) I'm under the impression that you won't be able to use it on U.S. GSM carriers. Can anyone else affirm or refute this?
    You are incorrect.
    The Tour is quad-band
    Once unlocked and set up correctly, it will work on US and International GSM networks.
    10-24-09 06:42 AM
    Could there be a problem with the SIM card itself? Is it damaged? Also, make sure you switch to GSM/UMTS under "Network Technology" (Manage Connections-->Mobile Network Options). It sounds like you didn't do that because when you change it to GSM, your Sprint service should stop working until you switch it back.
    EXACTLY! Make sure its set up to use the right frequencys
    10-24-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks so much for all of your help. I switched the device to work on GSM/UMTS and then tried the T-mobile sim and it still didn't work. I assume that this is because of what was said about frequencies. Does anyone know how I can change the frequencies?
    10-24-09 07:18 PM
    Either your phone is not unlocked or a bad sim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 07:33 PM
    You dont need to change frequency's...what is it set to? 2G? 3G? or 2G and 3G?

What is the error that you get?
    10-25-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD