Just Unlocked A Blackberry Curve That Was With T-Mobile. I Put My Att Sim Card In It I Can Recieve Calls And Text But I Cant Use Applications Like Aim. Everytime I Go To Sign On To Aim It Says Data services Unavailable. What Can I Do To Get Those Applications Working????
    Last edited by blaccrob134; 10-30-09 at 02:19 PM.
    10-30-09 01:46 PM
    Well it sounds like you may not have a BlackBerry Data Plan. You need it if you wish to use the RIM Instant Messenger Apps.
    10-30-09 04:27 PM
    Difference between someone that works with BlackBerrys on a daily basis with RIM, servers than a unlocker.

Do you see edge or EDGE on the right hand corner?
    10-31-09 11:53 AM
    Environment
    AOL Instant Messenger™ service (AIM service) 2.0 and 2.1 for BlackBerry smartphones
    Note: Check with your service provider for the availability of AIM service for BlackBerry smartphones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    AIM service 2.1 for BlackBerry smartphones

32 MB BlackBerry smartphone (800 KB of available memory)
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2 or later
    Note: To view the amount of free memory on the BlackBerry smartphones, go to Options > Status and check the File Free field.

An AOL Instant Messenger™ screen name. For instructions on creating a screen name, go to the AIM web site.
    BlackBerry smartphones with an active data subscription.
    If the BlackBerry smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, an IT policy must be set allowing for use of AIM service for BlackBerry smartphones.
    AIM service 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones

The system requirements to install AIM service for BlackBerry smartphones include the following:

350 KB of available memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Note: To view the amount of free memory on the BlackBerry smartphones, go to Options > Status and check the File Free field.

An AOL Instant Messenger screen name. For instructions on creating a screen name, go to the AIM web site.
    BlackBerry smartphones with an active data subscription.
    If the BlackBerry smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, an IT policy must be set that allows the use of AIM service for BlackBerry smartphones

View Document 0 206488311
    10-31-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD