I currently have my blackberry on with Virgin Mobile Canada, which don't use SIM cards.
    Now I was curious, If I were to obtain an Unlocked Blackberry in the future that has a sim slot, would I still be able to hook it up with Virgin? Or would I need a blackberry similar to what Virgin uses(eg. no Sim cards)?

The reason I ask is also because in the past with regular cell phones, they wont even turn on without SIM card

Thanks for the advise in advance.
    06-08-10 11:44 PM
    Virgin Mobile 9700 uses SIM cards. As long as the other device you purchase is a 3G device just unlock it and pop in Virgin's SIM card.
    06-10-10 01:16 AM
    Thanks for the Answer, I thought I had heard something about Virgin now using SIM cards but wasn't so sure, unfortunately though I guess what I am asking more so is, say i picked up a unlocked Rogers BB(SIM CARD) and i wanted to use it on Virgins Network without getting a SIM card from them, would I be able to call them and give them the IMEI Number to get it hooked up?
    06-15-10 01:51 AM
    Only way to use a GSM phone is with a SIM card.
    06-15-10 10:47 AM
    Alright, Thanks for the Info, good to know.
    06-16-10 12:29 AM
    Alright, Thanks for the Info, good to know.
    Once your Virgin Blackberry 9700 unlocked, you will be able to use it with most GSM providers.
    06-16-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD