So I somehow crimped the top of my 8530 and the Mute/Play - Pause button no longer functions. I never really use it (even though I should instead of the trackpad ) but, the only problem is when the keypad is locked, I now have to do a battery pull.

I cant find a way to reprogram the unlock button to another key, is that possible???

Thanks!
    03-09-11 08:03 PM
    No, that one is a dedicated key. However, you may want to look into repairing it yourself, the parts can be found online.

Do you not have an onscreen lock icon? Cannot remember if they did away with that in later Curve OSes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-09-11 at 09:02 PM.
    03-09-11 08:55 PM
    No, that one is a dedicated key. However, you may want to look into repairing it yourself, the parts can be found online.

Do you not have an onscreen lock icon? Cannot remember if they did away with that in later Curve OSes.

Nope, I have an 8530, and I have not once seen a lock screen icon since I switched from my 8130.
    03-10-11 12:08 PM
    You can't reprogram that, but there are 3rd party lock apps that you can get to use instead. The one that comes to mind is Wheel Lock or something like that, it will allow you to use your trackpad to unlock the phone.
    03-10-11 06:36 PM
    Or you can downgrade the os to 4.6 or 4.7 (I think) so it doesn't lock it only does a password lock when you hold 'a'

03-15-11 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD