11-27-13 02:19 PM
61 123
tools
    See message from Kevin above
    10-25-13 10:32 AM
    Just saw this thread; IMO, doing this was long overdue, the prices being charged for unlocking was essentially highway robbery.
    bungaboy and KermEd like this.
    10-28-13 01:12 PM
    We will be more then happy to help anyone here unlock their Blackberry device. You can visit Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net
    So what is the difference between a Z10 unlock for $45 and a generic BB10 unlucky for $25?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:51 PM
    Hey All,

OK, quick update.

So, I'm NOT happy about this either. We work with a third party to run our unlock store, which we launched this year due to demand from the community. Overall, the customer service has been quite good from them, with the exception of a previous time and now this time.

I've now made the decision that we're going to phase out the CrackBerry Unlocking service. To me, it's not about making money, but providing a reliable service to our users who look to us. If I can't rely 100% on our partner, then I'd rather not offer the service. At this point, I'm not happy with the service being provided by our partner.

To that end, I've already removed all links from our header, store, etc. to CrackBerryUnlocking.com (in other words, unless you're already a customer, you won't easily find the site). Soon I will update the actual CrackBerryUnlocking.com URL to point to a new forum thread I'll create here that explains that is now closed.

Given the state of BlackBerry, the actual number of customers in recent weeks has been very low, so the good news is that there are not too many people affected by this current interruption in service the last few days. That said, I don't want to see anybody affected, so I thank you for your patience.

Ideally, I hope the provider comes back to life and gets all the service requests sorted out and remaining orders processed. If that doesn't happen shortly, I will make sure anybody who placed an order recently and didn't get their code will get their money back.

If you fall into this category and want to get your refund asap, please forward your confirmation of purchase emails, and any previous support emails you have sent back and forth with CrackBerry Unlocking in the last few days to support@crackberry.com (that goes to our Accessory Support teams). Be sure to send those emails from the same email account you used when placing your order. Our accessory store support team (in house, separate from the third party who runs unlocking services) will also proactively email soon anybody who's orders are still pending with follow up details on getting a refund, if our unlocking partner doesn't come through shortly (so if you miss this thread, ordered and are waiting, we will reach you).

Thanks again for the patience. Truly appreciate it. And apologies again in the services delays on our unlocking store.
    Kevin,

I'd sent you a PM over a week ago but haven't yet heard back. I was hoping to have a quick chat with you as we may able with the problems you've experienced. I don't want to go into too much detail but would you be able to have a quick look through your messages and message me back?

Many thanks.
    10-30-13 06:47 AM
    So what is the difference between a Z10 unlock for $45 and a generic BB10 unlucky for $25?

Posted via CB10
    Oooops was the two different but VERY closely names sites....cellunlocker ($25) and cellunlock ($45). We each bought a code from one and there was a $20 price difference.
    10-30-13 08:42 AM
    Oooops was the two different but VERY closely names sites....cellunlocker ($25) and cellunlock ($45). We each bought a code from one and there was a $20 price difference.
    CellUnlocker was terrible.

Those are the brilliant minds that took my cash for a BlackBerry unlock code for 25 --- great deal I thought. Then messaged me 3 times over a week to demand more money to unlock my Samsung (What samsung???) ... only to have them refuse to give me service unless I send them confidential information (i.e. Drivers license). In the end I had to fight to get my 25 back, no code, and nothing but frustration.

Don't use them. Even if it's legitimate do you want to trust your payment information with a company like that?

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-31-13 12:10 AM
    CellUnlocker was terrible.

Those are the brilliant minds that took my cash for a BlackBerry unlock code for 25 --- great deal I thought. Then messaged me 3 times over a week to demand more money to unlock my Samsung (What samsung???) ... only to have them refuse to give me service unless I send them confidential information (i.e. Drivers license). In the end I had to fight to get my 25 back, no code, and nothing but frustration.

Don't use them. Even if it's legitimate do you want to trust your payment information with a company like that?

Posted via CB from my LE
    My friend had already used them (the $25 site) and it seemed to work fine with no other issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:16 AM
    Has a your heard back about this? I got tired of waiting and escalatored to the pay friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:44 AM
    Well I heard back from support@cb - I'm not sure what was the point of having us contact them, all they said is that I have to file a dispute on Paypal. So lost another 4 days just to be told this. A little pissed about this whole thing.
    Just to follow up on this. The Paypal dispute concluded this morning, and PayPal refunded me my $45.
    11-02-13 09:12 AM
    Just to follow up on this. The Paypal dispute concluded this morning, and PayPal refunded me my $45.
    Glad to hear you got it resolved. Let us know if you need any help unlocking your Blackberry.
    ernestdsutherland likes this.
    11-02-13 10:51 PM
    We will be more then happy to help anyone here unlock their Blackberry device. You can visit Unlock Blackberry | Unlock iPhone | Unlock Samsung HTC |CellUnlock.net

I hope you shine through the dark clouds for me.

Ha.... I just bought an unlock from your link. Hope it does not take too terribly long and I hope this actually works. I have 3 codes already and this is becoming a pain in the rear end.... I should have known better though, I always say better to pay to have a pro do it than to balls it up myself..
    11-27-13 02:19 PM
61 123