11-27-13 02:19 PM
61 123
tools
    Hello,

I requested a code last Thursday for a Q10. It's been 4 days and I still haven't received anything. I sent emails, I sent support requests ... no answer. I'm not impressed and I'm about to ask PayPal for my 45$ USD BACK if I don't get the code by tomorrow!

Is anybody else having problems?
    10-13-13 01:04 PM
    Hello,

I requested a code last Thursday for a Q10. It's been 4 days and I still haven't received anything. I sent emails, I sent support requests ... no answer. I'm not impressed and I'm about to ask PayPal for my 45$ USD BACK if I don't get the code by tomorrow!

Is anybody else having problems?
    Hi there!

I'm sorry you're having this trouble....we'll research this for you.

Edit: I've forwarded your thread, so we should hear something soon. Please note that this is Thanksgiving and folks may be with their families. May I request that you give us a bit of time?
    10-13-13 01:20 PM
    Same thing is happening to me. I'm on a 2 week vacation, and i'm already 4 days in. So glad I thought ahead and unlocked my old curve just in case.
    Didn't even get a reply from customer support.
    10-14-13 05:33 PM
    Still no news tuesday morning! It's been close to 5 days now. I understand and I'm all for thanks giving but you either setup a generic message that order won't be processed until x date or you respond to the support messages from your customers. I can't believe that crackberry wants to be associated with this unlocking service... frustrating and worse... i had to resort to using an iPhone for the period!
    10-15-13 07:03 AM
    We're going to contact our unlocking partner on this. Thanks for your patience!
    10-15-13 07:38 AM
    I just emailed and asked for a refund. It has more than twice as long as the time advertised, I'm just going to get it from another website.
    Never using this website again.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-15-13 11:44 AM
    I just emailed and asked for a refund. It has more than twice as long as the time advertised, I'm just going to get it from another website.
    Never using this website again.
    Lesson learned . I wondered if they would be better.

There are cheaper / faster alternatives. But everyone unlocking BB10 seems to be a mess - not just CB. I used some 25 dollar service that emailed me days later to say "Sorry, but your Samsung (wtf?) requires extra cost. Please send us xyz dollars." followed by them refusing to process it without calling me because unlocking is "high-risk". That was the geniuses at cellunlocker.net

Don't use them at all costs.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-15-13 11:56 AM
    Sadly just sent them money to unlock z30 and the confirmation link in the email times out repeatedly. Tried it on 3 different browsers. Also the links page for support is dead. It just idles. I replied to the confirmation via the email they sent it with. Hopefully some response will be forthcoming...
    10-15-13 02:53 PM
    Perhaps the site has crashed I can't even access the main page any longer.
    10-15-13 03:00 PM
    Relieved just got the confirmation through. Now for the code.
    10-15-13 04:48 PM
    Less than 2 hours later the code has arrived and works perfectly. Thanks for the quick resolution.
    10-15-13 08:03 PM
    Seriously this is pissing me off. Over 24 hours. My friend sent his in after I did and got his code in a couple of hours. Last time I us CB to unlock.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:26 AM
    We're going to contact our unlocking partner on this. Thanks for your patience!
    Any answer from you partner yet . . . . . . . . ?
    10-17-13 03:52 AM
    I've also been waiting for 5 days now, way pass the 12 hour average - that's a little misleading and I would at least appreciate a response to my email asking about for an update.
    10-17-13 07:37 AM
    Just escalated a claim to PayPal. This is ridiculous. It's too easy to crack some jokes about the unlocking service of Crackberry.com is falling apart like BlackBerry... I personally just escalated it as a dispute on PayPal and purchased a code elsewhere (which I got within 3 hours of the purchase)... I want my 45$ USD back.

For Kevin: CrackBerry's name is on that service. I understand that it's not you guys providing the service but your supplier has gone off radar. You might want to shutdown your Unlocking Service for the time being while you guys fix this. I purchased many items form the CrackBerry store in the past and never had an issue but this is really annoying and it seems that a lot of people are getting angry here.
    bungaboy and Scott Silzer like this.
    10-17-13 01:28 PM
    Just escalated a claim to PayPal. This is ridiculous. It's too easy to crack some jokes about the unlocking service of Crackberry.com is falling apart like BlackBerry... I personally just escalated it as a dispute on PayPal and purchased a code elsewhere (which I got within 3 hours of the purchase)... I want my 45$ USD back.

For Kevin: CrackBerry's name is on that service. I understand that it's not you guys providing the service but your supplier has gone off radar. You might want to shutdown your Unlocking Service for the time being while you guys fix this. I purchased many items form the CrackBerry store in the past and never had an issue but this is really annoying and it seems that a lot of people are getting angry here.
    Could you kindly PM me what service you used to get your phone unlocked?

Thanks for any assistance.

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    10-17-13 01:45 PM
    To I as well please.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 01:59 PM
    Could you kindly PM me what service you used to get your phone unlocked?
    Me too please.
    10-17-13 05:13 PM
    Hey All,

OK, quick update.

So, I'm NOT happy about this either. We work with a third party to run our unlock store, which we launched this year due to demand from the community. Overall, the customer service has been quite good from them, with the exception of a previous time and now this time.

I've now made the decision that we're going to phase out the CrackBerry Unlocking service. To me, it's not about making money, but providing a reliable service to our users who look to us. If I can't rely 100% on our partner, then I'd rather not offer the service. At this point, I'm not happy with the service being provided by our partner.

To that end, I've already removed all links from our header, store, etc. to CrackBerryUnlocking.com (in other words, unless you're already a customer, you won't easily find the site). Soon I will update the actual CrackBerryUnlocking.com URL to point to a new forum thread I'll create here that explains that is now closed.

Given the state of BlackBerry, the actual number of customers in recent weeks has been very low, so the good news is that there are not too many people affected by this current interruption in service the last few days. That said, I don't want to see anybody affected, so I thank you for your patience.

Ideally, I hope the provider comes back to life and gets all the service requests sorted out and remaining orders processed. If that doesn't happen shortly, I will make sure anybody who placed an order recently and didn't get their code will get their money back.

If you fall into this category and want to get your refund asap, please forward your confirmation of purchase emails, and any previous support emails you have sent back and forth with CrackBerry Unlocking in the last few days to support@crackberry.com (that goes to our Accessory Support teams). Be sure to send those emails from the same email account you used when placing your order. Our accessory store support team (in house, separate from the third party who runs unlocking services) will also proactively email soon anybody who's orders are still pending with follow up details on getting a refund, if our unlocking partner doesn't come through shortly (so if you miss this thread, ordered and are waiting, we will reach you).

Thanks again for the patience. Truly appreciate it. And apologies again in the services delays on our unlocking store.
    10-17-13 06:32 PM
    rats : ( thank you for updating us
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    10-17-13 06:48 PM
    Hey All,

OK, quick update.

So, I'm NOT happy about this either. We work with a third party to run our unlock store, which we launched this year due to demand from the community. Overall, the customer service has been quite good from them, with the exception of a previous time and now this time.

I've now made the decision that we're going to phase out the CrackBerry Unlocking service. To me, it's not about making money, but providing a reliable service to our users who look to us. If I can't rely 100% on our partner, then I'd rather not offer the service. At this point, I'm not happy with the service being provided by our partner.

To that end, I've already removed all links from our header, store, etc. to CrackBerryUnlocking.com (in other words, unless you're already a customer, you won't easily find the site). Soon I will update the actual CrackBerryUnlocking.com URL to point to a new forum thread I'll create here that explains that is now closed.

Given the state of BlackBerry, the actual number of customers in recent weeks has been very low, so the good news is that there are not too many people affected by this current interruption in service the last few days. That said, I don't want to see anybody affected, so I thank you for your patience.

Ideally, I hope the provider comes back to life and gets all the service requests sorted out and remaining orders processed. If that doesn't happen shortly, I will make sure anybody who placed an order recently and didn't get their code will get their money back.

If you fall into this category and want to get your refund asap, please forward your confirmation of purchase emails, and any previous support emails you have sent back and forth with CrackBerry Unlocking in the last few days to support@crackberry.com (that goes to our Accessory Support teams). Be sure to send those emails from the same email account you used when placing your order. Our accessory store support team (in house, separate from the third party who runs unlocking services) will also proactively email soon anybody who's orders are still pending with follow up details on getting a refund, if our unlocking partner doesn't come through shortly (so if you miss this thread, ordered and are waiting, we will reach you).

Thanks again for the patience. Truly appreciate it. And apologies again in the services delays on our unlocking store.
    Faith in CB restored! Thanks boss.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:04 PM
    Oh my a thank for CBK.

It's like being asked to the prom by the hottest most popular girl at school...

Wait do schools still have proms? Is that still a thing?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin likes this.
    10-17-13 07:15 PM
    So any suggestions for an alternate service? I have a Z10 and Z30 that I need to unlock for my family.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:25 PM

Can you send me the info of the unlocker you used?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 07:44 PM
    Thanks Kevin for quick and decisive response.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of this thread, I got a little fed-up with the situation when I started it. I'm sure it wasn't fun for the CrackBerry team either. Hopefully CrackberryUnlock will come back someday with a different partner that will be reliable.

Thanks again.
    CrackBerry Kevin and bungaboy like this.
    10-17-13 08:08 PM
61 123