I submitted all the details to get an unlock code for my Z10 from EE in the UK a week ago using crackberry unlocking. I was told the typical processing time was 24 hours. It is now 1 week later, the order still says "processing" and nobody responded to my support ticket about it. I appreciate that sometimes things take longer but at least respond to the support ticket telling me what the hold up is.

Not impressed by the lack of communication on an expensive service. Has anyone else had problems with Crackberry unlocking taking your money and then going quiet?

Pip
    08-28-13 09:19 AM
    I'll flag this thread to the unlocking support team. Things have been running pretty smooth on that front from my perspective (haven't heard any other complaints), so not sure what's up. Maybe just one that fell through the cracks. Apologies on that and thanks for the patience!
    pkcable, SEAWARRIOR and Pip Regan like this.
    08-28-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks. I raised the support ticket 5 days ago and have had no response. It hasn't even been assigned to an agent yet. I suggest setting up some escalation triggers in Zendesk to escalate a ticket if there's no response!
    08-28-13 09:34 AM
    I'm in the same boat, I ordered unlocking code for my Z10 (locked to AT&T in the US) last week and haven't heard anything since except that it's being processed. My payment went through right away though - funny how that works.
    Any updates?
    08-28-13 12:14 PM
    not a squeak yet.
    08-28-13 01:35 PM
    By the way this is support ticket #1609 @ unlocksupportdesk
    08-28-13 01:37 PM
    Still no form of response to the support ticket, nor an unlock code.
    08-30-13 05:53 AM
    if your credit card has been charged already, do a charge back, that will get their attention.

btw, if I do decide tp unlock my z, I know where I am NOT purchasing from.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 07:24 AM
    Yeah, still not a peep for me either, he (Kevin) was pretty good with the first response to this thread so it'd be nice to at least hear some sort of update. It's been a week today for me so I'll give them another week and then try to recover the money.

Any recommendations on another unlocker?
    08-30-13 09:24 AM
    This is ridiculous. It is nearly 2 weeks since I paid for my unlock code, 11 days since I raised a support ticket and the only thing Crackberry Unlock has achieved is taking my money. Completely unacceptable.
    09-03-13 03:12 AM
    I am in the same situation. They took my money 14 days ago, I leave my country carrier in 2 days, and nobody answer me even with a token.
    09-03-13 04:38 AM
    Ditto that.

I submitted my unlocking request over a week ago. Estimated time was 1 day to unlock and multiple e-mails submitted to the support e-mail have clearly gone to /dev/null. Status says "processing"....not impressed and would recommend looking elsewhere.
    09-03-13 12:32 PM
    Totally and utterly pathetic.

The only reason I used this service was because it was somehow affiliated with crackberry.com.
    The only thing they've done is take my cash and not delivered anything.

It's disappointing how they're using crackberry.com's image to run such a shambolic service.
    09-03-13 01:14 PM
    Hey All,

Thanks for the patience. Quick update here.... unlocking store support is back up and running today and the support queue is being dealt with today. So if you had any issues or are one of the people on this thread, you should have your reply soon.

Long story short, we work with a partner on our unlocking service and they had a family emergency come up with 100% derailed them from handling support. That's been handled now and they are back at it again. We're going to put some practices in place so if this sort of thing ever happens again, that we can cleanly transition support to our other store support team (today they're both separate). We've never had this type of issue pop up before, so never had that in place.

Again, unlocking is something new on CB.... we never offered this service for years, but due to demand by the CrackBerry community in wanting us to offer it (so there would be a trusted go-to place for unlocking on the back of the BB10 launch), we looked for a partner to work with so we could provide this as a service to you. It's not something that's core to us, and we only want to offer it if it's seen as valuable to our regular readers, etc. Overall the response we've received from our community the past few months has been really positive on it. I get that this is a hiccup in that otherwise solid service record, and hopefully we won't run into this again.

Thanks again for the patience and understanding,

Kevin
    09-03-13 02:24 PM
    yep same here. Placed an order last week and haven't gotten any response yet. Feel like I am having some serious bad luck with these unlocking sites. Tried blackberry code source and that was a horrible experience. Still waiting for my refund from them. Now Crackberry which I have so much faith in. Hope they resolve this soon.
    09-03-13 02:24 PM
    My Order has been held up as well. #062942. I wonder if some followup emails would be a good idea for those who made code purchases in the last week to indicate there will be a delay. Very frustrating when there are no answers to emails or the online submissions other than an automated response that the email was received. I almost went back to PayPal to get my money back. I will give it a few more days before doing that. Thanks.
    09-04-13 10:25 AM
    Got my unlock code today and all is well. Delay was a *real* pain as I needed it unlocked BEFORE I went to the US. Thanks for Kevin for greasing the rails.
    09-04-13 12:58 PM
    Received my code 15 min ago and phone is now unlocked.

Thank you.
    09-04-13 02:31 PM
    Thank you for the update,
    09-04-13 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the update Kevin....ordered my code last Saturday Aug 31st and had not received it 4 days later but now I understand the reason for the delay. Got my unlock code a few hours ago, I didn't work on the first try. So I powered down the Red Q5; pulled out the Sim card, reinserted the SIM card, powered the Q5 back up. Typed in the code and it worked perfectly. Daughter loves her new shiny Red Q5. Thanks Crackberry unlocking
    09-05-13 04:32 PM
    I think some times delay, but with BB 10 may be you'll wait (4-24h). Don't worry.
    09-06-13 09:38 PM