I just tried to unlock a Verizon Storm 9530 using MFI 2.0.1.3. The funny thing is that it states that it PASS. I don't get the number 1. The phone screen was split in two, with the first half in green and the second have in black, and in the middle to the wording PASS in white lettering. I have never seen this before!

So to make sure that the phone was unlocked I checked the Sim Card. Here are the results:

advance options
    sim card
    type in MEPPD

SIM - DISABLED
    NETWORK - DISABLED
    NETWORK Subset - DISABLED
    Service Provider - DISABLED

I then proceded to install generic tmo service books. With no problem. I also changed the TCP settings as follows;

APN: wap.voicestream.com ( Tried this one first)
    Username: [leave blank]
    Password: [leave blank]

New Tmobile TCP settings:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: [leave blank]
    Password: [leave blank]

But when I install my t-mobile sim card; I get the message of an invalid sim card.

Anybody has any ideas, what could be wrong?
    01-29-10 10:18 PM
    Phone is NOT unlocked.
    Network would say Inactive.
    I am looking at my 9530 with a T-Mobile sim card installed.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 01-29-10 at 10:42 PM.
    01-29-10 10:37 PM
    shfjcs thanks for the reply. Should it state pass or the number 1 should appear to know that it's unlocked.
    01-29-10 10:48 PM
    Sorry, I don't even know what MFI 2.0.1.3 is.

All of the unlocking I have done were with codes that I purchased from an unlocking company. I've been using CellUnlock.net.
    01-29-10 10:54 PM
    ok but it doesn't have to say inactive

If it is other than "Active" such as "Disabled" or "Inactive", it is "unlocked", so you can use any SIM card

I'll wait and see if anybody else has any ideas
    01-29-10 11:01 PM
    Network disabled means the phone is unlocked. I don't know what the problem is with the unrecognized Sim card is. But be careful with the multiloader. It has caused many bricked phones.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=223746

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 11:03 PM
    Last suggestion - try another sim card and see if the phone recognizes it.

Oh, one more thing, under Mobile Network, Network Technology, is it set to GSM/UMTS and 2G?
    01-29-10 11:07 PM
    Yea, I've read in other forums that people are getting their phones bricked. Hootyhoo, should the MFI show PASS or 1?

The mobile Network is set to 3G & 2G GSM.
    01-30-10 10:26 AM
    MFI Tool is something that is not supported here on the forums because of the HIGH Risk it can yield to devices. You may have damaged the device.

It can say inactive or disabled both words means the same thing in this instance. For it to work on a GSM network it must be switched to 2G under network connections.
    02-01-10 10:47 AM
    Confussed Unlock Verizon Storm 9530 ???
    05-22-13 05:19 AM
    Confussed Unlock Verizon Storm 9530 ???
    What are you confused about?
    05-29-13 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD